I can't sweat!

Options
For all my life no matter how much I exercise or stay active, I never seem to sweat like everyone else. I do feel the heat and I become shinny but that's it. In order for me to sweat I have to be in a sauna or wear one of those thermos workout suit. I can honestly say that I don't drink all the water I should which I hear affects your sweating abilities. I have try those infused water but I don't really like them. Has anyone had this problem and how did you solved it? I really wish I could sweat because it can be discouraging at times in my weight-loss journey since I feel that I am not probably working hard but I actually am.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Sweat is to cool the body off. Many people who have genetics of people who were raised near the equator or very hot places where water wasn't readily available, don't seem to sweat that much. That would make sense because sweating releases a lot of water and if water wasn't available, one would die of dehydration.
    Personally, I don't sweat that much either. Lol, of course I have a dry skin issue that I need to take care of daily too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Are you in a dry part of the country? Because it's humid where I live and I sweat as soon as I go outside lately. lol Can't wait for fall.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Put your mind to it, go for it, Get down and break a sweat

• bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Your lucky Msanc095
    I was sweating just reading your post (ha ha). No but I do sweat easily so I wish I didn't. We just have to live with what god gave us. Very well stated Ninerbuff !!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Some people sweat buckets sitting around. Some people don't sweat even while running a marathon. Unless you have an underlying medical condition, you're fine.

I don't sweat much. My mom would sweat buckets sitting around in air-conditioning.
  • gc384
    gc384 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    try going to a local boxing club or mma club, or spinning club see if you sweat
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Sweat is not a good indicator of effort. Some people sweat easily, some not at all, regardless of how much they are exerting themselves.