Trying not to freak out...Phase 1 weight gain???

Options
Oh. My. Gosh. I'm Day 12 of phase 1. Lost 5 lbs in first seven days. Weighed myself this morning and I'm up a pound? What the heck? Hoping it's a hormonal blip. :s Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Replies

• need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Gosh. I'm Day 12 of phase 1. Lost 5 lbs in first seven days. Weighed myself this morning and I'm up a pound? What the heck? Hoping it's a hormonal blip. :s Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Most likely those 5lbs you lost in the first week was part water weight. So it could just be water weight you gained. Also, if it's during your TOM then it could be a hormonal issue too. I wouldn't stress too much.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    No Biggie, Youre Weight Will Constantly Fluctuate. Just Keep GOING!
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you will lose, some you will maintain, and some you will gain. Grab yourself a tracking app like Trendweight. You will get a more realistic look at your weightloss without fluctuation scares.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Relax first. It's not magic. It will come off but you can't freak everytime the scale goes up. My chart looks like an EKG.
  • jtoskey87
    jtoskey87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A pound is nothing. Some days/weeks my weight will fluctuate as much as 5lbs depending on how much water I've lost, when I ate last, what time of day it is. If you get on the scale everyday the fluctuation is even more obvious. Eventually your highest high will fall, you'll hit a new low, you bounce back a few pounds and hit a new "lowest high." I think everyone experiences this in some way or another.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • roserobotham
    roserobotham Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 - your back muscles are amazing. I'm in awe.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Phase 1 of what?
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Here's a great article to read about "why the scale lies." You don't have to stop weighing yourself, but also take weekly measurements and monthly pictures.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    advice is try to weigh at same time every day if your close monitoring it like that. Try first thing in the AM after a nights sleep and bladder relief. To me personally stepping on a scale daily isn't really a good idea as water moves through the body in funny ways and what you eat can impact your weight (IE high sodium= water retention) . Id assume being a female has even more concerns biologically. If your tracking calories and doing it correctly and staying at maintenance or below you will see a result. You cant make something from nothing after all.

Eat at 500 calorie deficit daily you should expect to see a pound + drop on the scale weekly all things being equal.

in short keep doing what your doing and tracking intake
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 - your back muscles are amazing. I'm in awe.

Aww, thanks! Heavy (for me) lifting has created some amazing results.