5'4" 60lbs to lose in OK

Options
Hello, I was addicted to working out for about 6 months last year, then moving and stress got in the way and I've lost muscle and gained a lot of weight... looking to make some friends with similar paths to me.

I'm 5'4" and around 195-199lbs. I have about 60lbs to lose, and need to get myself motivated to go to the gym regularly. I've started, but this PF isn't as nice as the one I went to before, and the quality of some of the machines isn't great. Plus I haven't met enough of the workers/regulars there that they'll miss me if I don't show up, haha.

Just need some people to help keep me accountable, and to share motivation with.

I also live in Oklahoma (where I just moved), so anyone from there feel free to add me as well.

Replies

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey! You Just Have To Get Started Again.. Commit To A Week Of "No Matter What IM Going To The Gym" And At The End Of The Week You'll Be Ready To Attack Another Week.. Getting Started Is One Of The Hardest Parts. Log Nutrition Consistently Here On MFP As Well. You Already Know You Can Do It, You Said You've Done It Before, YOu Just Have To GEt Back In The Groove!

Constantine
  • Jessicac571
    Jessicac571 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat to you. Moved to a new city about a year ago and packed on a bunch of weight. Im 5'5 and about 195. I'd like to lose about 40lbs as well. Feel free to add me. Maybe we can motivate each other!
  • nursesarah79
    nursesarah79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Same stats here. 5'4" 205. Got about 60 to go. Started working out at gym about 1 1/2 months ago. Add me if would like. Never can have too many friends.
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I moved about a year ago following separation, and all the decent gyms aren't convenient so most of my exercise is home based at the moment, (plus running which I've just started). Aiming to lose about 65lbs in total. Feel free to add.
  • KrisisOD
    KrisisOD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Alright, thanks everyone! Friend requests sent, I look forward to getting to know you, and to hit milestones together :)
  • seussbaby
    seussbaby Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    same stats here..
    5'3 206, want to lose 60.
    looking to tap into ketogenic eating to help.. i have hashimotos and losing weight is really hard for me. issue w left leg (acl repair) makes full workouts a challenge. would like to virtually connect w you guys for support on this path!
    cheers!
  • aleighmach
    aleighmach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in the same situation. 5'5 and 207 pounds looking to get back to my 130 weight before stress and moving got to me!
  • seussbaby
    Options
    aleighmach wrote: »
    Hey there! I'm in the same situation. 5'5 and 207 pounds looking to get back to my 130 weight before stress and moving got to me!
    hi, add me if you want to!
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 197 this morning. I am very motivated to lose 50 pounds. I will add all of you.
  • MarissaBlevins220
    MarissaBlevins220 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4", I started at 217 and just got down into the 160's, Id like to lose another 20lbs and see how I feel. I'm always down for more positive and motivating friends to help me stay accountable, feel free to add me! :#
  • seussbaby
    Options
    hey .. i'm trying to figure out the app..i've connected with a few of you on my profile, and bookmarked this thread.. i guess we post updates here occasionally?
    also.. i found a challenge group i thought seemed interesting.. to lose 40 lbs by 12/25..
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10434373/starting-august-1st-2016-lose-40-pounds-before-christmas-day#latest
    anyway... onwards! :-)
  • seussbaby
    Options
    when are you guys doing a weekly weigh? Sunday or Monday?
  • hgrace78
    hgrace78 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Meeee too! We're in the same boat! Ad me if you like.
  • pauldoucettefan
    pauldoucettefan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for motivation and support too
  • pauldoucettefan
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 154lb
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I moved to OKC about 2 years ago... Moving to a new house in a few months... Could totally use some extra motivation! 5'4 200+ I'm starting a healthy eating plan and more exercise TODAY! :smile: Feel free to add me.
  • iloveLUCY2016
    iloveLUCY2016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Heidi welcome!!! My story is kinda similar....what is it about moving and gaining weight? I moved from Northern California to San Diego a little over 3 years now and every month the scale keeps climbing!! It's so depressing isn't it? I just started a new diet plan today and dammit im gonna make it work this time lol
  • pauldoucettefan
    Options
    I moved to OKC about 2 years ago... Moving to a new house in a few months... Could totally use some extra motivation! 5'4 200+ I'm starting a healthy eating plan and more exercise TODAY! :smile: Feel free to add me.

You can do this!!! I would love to add you but have no idea how?!!
  • pauldoucettefan
    Options
    I figured it out and had sent you an add request. If only losing weight was that easy too!!