Government Bids

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Okay, my boss has put me in charge of getting our company on Govt Bid Lists. The problem is I have no idea how to go about doing this. I have already registered our company with the CCR (Central Contractor Registration). After that I hit a dead end. According to my boss there are several more steps that need to be taken but I can't find anyone or anything that can tell me what my next step would be.

Does anyone out there know anything about doing this? How do I get on a bid list?

Please help.

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    Okay, my boss has put me in charge of getting our company on Govt Bid Lists. The problem is I have no idea how to go about doing this. I have already registered our company with the CCR (Central Contractor Registration). After that I hit a dead end. According to my boss there are several more steps that need to be taken but I can't find anyone or anything that can tell me what my next step would be.

Does anyone out there know anything about doing this? How do I get on a bid list?

Please help.

Memaw
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Is this what your boss was talking about?

http://www.govcb.com/governmentbid-access-control-list-A01024.htm

Does your company solict bids? This website seems to be a place for companies to "advertise" what they do. What is your intention or goal?
  • memaw66
    Options
    The intention or goal is to be on a list of upcoming government jobs and be able to bid on them. I'm assuming that's what she is wanting. She just kinda threw this in my lap and wants me to run with it. I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • kpaulsen
    Options
    Check www.fedbizopps.gov - the home for Federal Business Opportunities.

It lists by agency all active and archived solicitations for almost every field and industry imaginable. That is the best website I know of for federal procurements. I'm in business development and deal with RFPs on a daily basis.
  • memaw66
    Options
    Check www.fedbizopps.gov - the home for Federal Business Opportunities.

It lists by agency all active and archived solicitations for almost every field and industry imaginable. That is the best website I know of for federal procurements. I'm in business development and deal with RFPs on a daily basis.
    Is there such a thing as a general bid list or do you have to go and find the job that you are interested in and just bid on it? My boss keeps say there is a list that we need to be on but I can't find such a beast! I have gone to fedbizopps but it just list opportinities it doesn't say anything about any bid lists.Ugggg I don't like government stuff!!!!!

Memaw
  • kpaulsen
    kpaulsen Posts: 25
    Options
    It depends on your industry. At the state level, each state typically has a purchasing or procurement website that you can register with to view all their business opportunities.

My company uses a business called Onvia (no endorsement, just stating the facts) where we've set up a filter to only receive business opportunities in our industry. They do all the gruntwork and we get a nice little daily update on new projects.

Hope this helps!
  • memaw66
    Options
    It depends on your industry. At the state level, each state typically has a purchasing or procurement website that you can register with to view all their business opportunities.

My company uses a business called Onvia (no endorsement, just stating the facts) where we've set up a filter to only receive business opportunities in our industry. They do all the gruntwork and we get a nice little daily update on new projects.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you. I have taken some free courses at UTSA and also set up some meetings with the small business admin. and they have pointed me in the right direction. I am on my way. Thank you so much for your input and I will check that business out.