5'8-5'9 ladies in their 20s, nutrition and exercise

Options
What are your calorie/macro goals? And what exercises are you doing to lose weight??

Hw was 201 current weight is 175 goal weight 145?
I have my calories set at 1400 and I don't eat back any excedrine calories.
What is working for you guys ??

Replies

• seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    5'8
    HW: Well over 200..
    SW: 194
    CW: 172
    GW: 140

Daily calories: 1800-2100
    I do HITT cardio and weightlift 7 days a week for the most part. The gym is my alone time. I don't typically eat back my excerise calories. I eat intuitively, if I'm hungry I'll eat more.

I follow IIFYM plan and don't restrict myself from any food. If I have a "bad food" I'll adjust the rest of my meals to hit my macros for the day. I aim for 35% Protein, 35% Carbs and 30% Fats. I stick to lean meats, fruits, vegetables and nuts for the most part. I eat steel cut oats every morning with a tablespoon of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter and a banana and I had Halo Top ice cream for dinner
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm not in my 20's anymore, but I'll chime in:-) I'm 5'9". Start weight:174, current weight 158, goal 150. I also breastfeed. Currently, I eat 2000 calories. I only eat back exercise calories if I'm hungry. I get 137 grams of protein, 150-200g of carbs (more on training days). I follow Starting Strength and I'm towards the end of a six week calisthenics Crossfit training cycle. I also add a day of jogging and a day of kettle bells just for fun:-) It works out to 5 training days a week.
  • hugfrtt
    hugfrtt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    21 y/o female

5' 10"
    Sw: 160
    Cw: 155
    Gw: 145 - 140

1400 cals but I'm not very active.
  • jessicacarver629
    jessicacarver629 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not in my 20's anymore, but I'll chime in:-) I'm 5'9". Start weight:174, current weight 158, goal 150. I also breastfeed. Currently, I eat 2000 calories. I only eat back exercise calories if I'm hungry. I get 137 grams of protein, 150-200g of carbs (more on training days). I follow Starting Strength and I'm towards the end of a six week calisthenics Crossfit training cycle. I also add a day of jogging and a day of kettle bells just for fun:-) It works out to 5 training days a week.

Have you had any issues with milk supply while cutting calories and exercising?
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    200+ lbs
    Goal weight... not sure really. 169 right now (just into the health BMI category)
    Current goal is 1460 calories and I don't typically eat my exercise calories back unless I am really hungry. It is set so low because I know I am not perfect at logging so it leaves some wiggle room.

I have been doing this for a about 9 mos, I lift weights and do High Intensity Interval Training 4x/week. Weight loss has been slow (33lbs) but I have lost 24 inches (as of 3 weeks ago, this may be inaccurate now) off my waist, hips and chest.

I've been focusing on fitness goals and that helps a lot. I am in this for the long-term and trying to focus on something other than the number on the scale since that is just discouraging. I have a whole host of goals (do 5 unmodified push-ups in a row, deadlift my own body weight (so close!) etc.).
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 33. Ignore if you want :)

5'8", SW 175, CW 162, GW maybe 160 maybe 155. When I was 25 I weighed 150 but my body changed a lot after kids.

I eat 2000 calories a day and according to my Fitbit I burn ~2400 a day.

I walk, do some core exercises, do yoga, and do some body weight exercise videos. I hate hate hate weight lifting so I know I won't stick with it, but I love yoga.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    5'9
    HW: 186
    CW: 166
    GW: 140

I do IIFYM at 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein. I eat bat my fitbit walking calories but not my yoga calories. I net 1436 calories.

Recently finished up Whole30 and working on reintroducing the foods I cut out for the past month.. so very low carbs at the moment
  • aimez23
    aimez23 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'9
    Sw 138 (skinny fat, didn't eat much and did heaps of steady state cardio wore uk size 10)
    Cw between 150-155 depending on the day! U.K. Size 8
    Don't have a goal weight more of a goal size to stay an 8 and would like an inch off my waist
    I eat about 1900 cals a day I don't record workouts so don't have a clue what I burn but do an hour of very intense hiit and weights 6 days a week and follow "the body coach" way of eating - high protein and good fats, carbs after work outs. I don't want to loose weight because when I weighed less I was actually bigger in measurements but I wanna keep my body fat low and my body tight :) I'm a little different to many people on here in that I'm a big fan of macros and clean eating (that's not saying I think cico and iifym is wrong, I just like my way for me :) )
  • kelseyllhunt
    kelseyllhunt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'8, 27 years old
    HW: 230
    SW: 225
    CW: 214
    GW: 175 for now to get back into healthy range, ultimately 150

I have a very sedentary job, and am a single mom, so I tend to aim for 1250 calories, since I work full time, parent full time, and am in school part time (online). Not a lot of free time for exercise, but I do track my steps everyday and try to run around with my daughter for a little bit every day.
  • RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    5'9, 28 years old (mom of a 2 year old and an almost 5 month old)
    HW:202
    SW:185
    CW: 161
    GW:140 (but may change up or down depending on body composition)

I have a fitbit so I keep my calorie goal to 1410 and then eat back some to most of my exercise calories that my Fitbit gives me. I usually go based on hunger. Some days I feel like I need them and other days I am not hungry so I don't bother. Some days I eat to maintenance just because I am feeling a little hungrier than normal. I figure it works out in the end. I usually eat anywhere between 1400-1800 calories. I aim to eat 130-140 g of protein a day and I try to keep my carbs between 80g -120g and then I let fat calories fall as they may. I generally eat very clean because I feel best doing so and then I get to eat more which is a bonus. I mountain bike a few days a week and I weight train on the other days. I have lost 24 lbs in the last 4 and a half months.