Lose to cruise

Options
Throughout my roller coaster of dieting, there have been good motivators/rewards and not so good motivators. However, I have never been able to lose more than 45-50 pounds at a time. Now, I have begun this journey (again) and I have 120 pounds to lose. So, I need all the extra motivation I can get.
I am so excited. I just booked a 12 night land and sea Alaskan vacation for next June so that gives me a year. I have always wanted to go. Now, I have something specific to shoot for.
I guess that takes care of the long range goal. I need to set some shorter goals (like by Labor Day or Christmas). What could be that reward?
Has anyone else set goals similar to these?

Replies

• BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    mine is booked in Dec.. for my brithday.. I went on one over a year ago.. I just was so uncomfortable in my own skin.. so now it is time for me.. We can do this .. lets get it in.. i want to post pictures and be proud of them... no ashame;0(:sad:
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Going on a cruise is my motivation too! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have my mini goals but I don't have rewards, my first is next friday we are going on a mini vaca and my reward will be feeling more confident on our romantic weekend. My next is our anniversary, again, looking better and feeling better. That is my reward. If you do rewards though I have seen people buy shoes, do mani/pedis, stuff like that. Don't do food though, that kind of defeats the purpose :)
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    There are lots of ideas for "rewards".... manicure, pedicure, massage, new shirt, etc....
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I go yard saleing or shopping at good will. Allot of times you can get really nice clothes. I get them in the next sizes down so I have a mini celebration of something new. Plus you save money as your not spending 30-40 dollers on something you hopefully won't stay in. When you compete with yourself to do better, it makes it interesting. I have also looked online at google maps and found walking trails. Led me to a local area site of people who jog and you can find people to be active with. Also finding local marathons to take part in. Nice goal and I wish you the best.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome incentive! I went on an Alaskan cruise back in 2004 with my parents. Alaska is absolutely breathtaking! I don't know what kinds of things you like, but my upcoming rewards include a pedicure, and a haircut. I do small goals with smallish rewards because if it's too far away I won't work at it. Although, I want laser hair removal for my goal weight.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yuppers! I am going on a 7 day cruise to Mexico, Belize and Honduras in September!!!! Will not reach my ultimate goal by then but I'm sure as heck working hard to get to "almost there".
  • fit4mom
    Options
    A friend of mine is planning a tatoo when she hits her goal weight. I don't think I could do that but It is definatly an interesting goal.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yay you're coming to Alaska! It's beautiful in June and if you need any tourist-y advice I've lived here my whole life :)
    As for mini goals, i LOVE shopping so clothes are usually my biggest reward. If you're not into that, why not try beautifying yourself even more! Maybe a swanky new hair style or treat yourself to a spa day!
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Go on the cruise site and book yourself a land excursion at one of the ports for each time you reach a "mini-goal". These can be costly but they are so worth it and it will be a great incentive for you. You can research which tours you want by checking out the different message boards on online travel sites and asking. Then you will receive first-hand reports rather than just from the cruise line. Good luck!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am going to Alaska on a cruise next June also ! Feel free to add me as a friend ! I have a total of 111 pounds to loose and have lost 46 since January !
  • fit4mom
    Options
    I love all the ideas on here. Everyone has some great ones to think about.
  • Tmochava
    Tmochava Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am going on a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico in September so I have to look good for it. I have to blast these pounds away.
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Kris-what cruise line are you going on for your reward? Would it not be a small world if we were on the same one!