Need a boost

Options
I'm getting sick of eating right! Please help! :devil:

Replies

• LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    Hold fast! You're doing too well to give up now.
  • ajwilson1
    ajwilson1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Keep your head in the game and the reward will be worth the struggle to get there! :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. The results will be worth it.
  • KeepingChocolate
    KeepingChocolate Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I note that it says you joined in June 2011 and have lost 5 pounds. That is AWESOME! Don't give up. We can do this! : )
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    What are you wanting to eat? This shouldn't be a punishment. If you are just doing these diet foods that aren't that good for you anyway you will grow tired of it. Especially if you aren't changing things up. Eating healthy shouldn't be hard. There are some great recipes out there that are amazing. Don't give up on health, just change it up a little!!
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hey you have done sooo well this far, do not give up. Have alook at some friends diaries to get different ideas, there's some great meals out there!!

Keep going, and keep smiling please! :wink:

Di
    :flowerforyou:
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You don't always have to eat right. You can choose maybe a day of each week where you can reward yourself for all that hard work by eating something you wouldn't eat on a daily basis. Like pizza or ice cream. =)
  • nighthawk327
    Options
    Don't think of this as a punishment, but a lifestyle change... looking at other's diaries was good advice. Part of this process for me was to slowly learn how to cook (I ate almost all processed crap before). I make things I want to eat and just make sure I watch the portions and exercise! :) I find if I'm craving something a little naughtier than usual on a particular day, I just exercise more beforehand! :) Keep going, you can do it!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What about making a motivation board for yourself? Cut out pictures, quotes, anything that is inspiring to YOU and paste them on a poster board for you to look at in times like these. I need to do one for myself too! :smile:

I know it's hard, but try to stay with it. What are you craving for? Have a little of what you want and get back on track. I know what you mean though. I isn't easy changing the way you have eaten for most of your life. BUT you can make small changes that make a difference. Cut out soda OR eating after dinner OR committ to walking every other day...just some suggestions, but you get the idea. It doesn't have to be all or none.

Wish you all the best, and remember you are doing this for YOU, and noone can take it away from you:smile:
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can eat not-so-healthy if you plan for it. A few weeks ago, my wife & I both had a heavy workout day and ate light all day. We had so many calories that we were able to got to DQ that night.

And, of course, there are healthier less-healthy options. Do you have a TCBY near you? If you do a small yogurt with a fruit topping, it's less than 100 calories and fairly healthy, but it tastes fairly decadent!

Don't deprive yourself. If you're "white knuckling it" (as Dr. Phil says), you're going to cave one day and and screw yourself up. But you can do this! You just have to do it in a way that doesn't feel like a punishment!
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you!:smile: I will think of your support when I want to dive headfirst into a large box of Cheezits! :laugh:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday America! We are 235 years young today!

YOU CAN do this! are you with me in the BOB Challenge yet???

come on let's GOOOOOOO!!!!

we are in this together & the reward of better health will keep you feeling younger too:flowerforyou:
  • Rhian_81
    Rhian_81 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you!:smile: I will think of your support when I want to dive headfirst into a large box of Cheezits! :laugh:

Good on you. Sometimes you have to have a treat. As long as you are aiming toward a target, its ok to spoil yourself when you hit a milestone. I have a list of things that I mentally tick off and then the craving is gone... Cheezits? I have no idea what they are. My next treat is a big mac. I haven't had one since January and I have 2lb to go til I allow myself the pleasure :happy:
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It's okay to have something not so healthy as long as it is portioned and fits into your calories. I do it a lot with beer and ice cream.
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Go you! Amazing that you've been able to avoid Big Macs for seven months! Great job--you're an inspiration! :smile:
  • Rhian_81
    Rhian_81 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bathsalts, I have had many treats along the way, just far more balanced and planned than my previous lifestyle. Its like Dtrmnd86 says, as long as its within your calorie limit its ok. Tomorrow I'm going for a big splurge, a greek restaurant, I'm probably going to go over esp as its so difficult to log non chain restaurants, but I've done a fair bit of excercise this week and have been very good to try and counteract it.

The big mac is occupying my thoughts now... Mmm. Weigh day saturdaym fingers crossed.