Options
nallie562
nallie562 Posts: 32 Member
Is it worth the $ to go premium? I'd love to hear feedback

Replies

• walpy27
    walpy27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I liked it for the fact that I could turn off Exorcize Calories.. I let mine expire but may pay for it again soon.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I do not think it is. Personally. I don't mind paying prime prices for prime apps. This isn't one of them.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    I would pay for the app if the message boards were better. I would like to be able to search another members posts. I'd also like to be able to have some information in my signature
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    why would you pay for an app that constantly crashes and has an unreliable food database?

you can see your protein in grams on the phone app and your other macros too ...
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    For my current goals, I like being able to set different calorie and macro targets for different days of the week. I can get along just fine without being able to pre-set those changes, but it's easier and less hassle with Premium.
  • RevelationSiix
    RevelationSiix Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I think paying for it gives me incentive to actually use it religiously. Being able to manage macros is also a plus
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I paid for it this year but turned off the automatic renewal feature - I am not yet convinced the premium features are worth it. The person who said paying for it creates incentive has a good point, but I personally do not need to pay for MFP to feel committed to logging and checking in on the forums.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I probably would if the food database was guaranteed clean aka usda entries only and that my entries (recipes) were just mine.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I dont need premium to manage my macros.
  • rlaramee2
    rlaramee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For me, the only draw for the premium version is the ability to export in CSV format. This is pretty much only useful if you're an analytics nerd like me though lol
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I paid for it for a month, just because I hate the ads. I don't use many of the other features though. I don't think it's good enough to warrant a monthly or yearly subscription though. It should be a couple bucks in the App Store and that's it.
  • Jolika4
    Jolika4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do you turn off the automatic renewal in premium? I am looking everywhere but there is no such thing in the yearly subscription...
  • rutzsa
    rutzsa Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you have android, you need to go into google play and pull down the menu in the search bar, go to account and then subscriptions to cancel
  • CircleJerkk
    CircleJerkk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not really, no. I got it courtesy of Samsung for linking my gear to mfp. There are some advanced options, like if you calorie or carb cycle, you can set those goals up for each individual day.