31yrs old, 262lbs and it's time for a change!

Options
Hey there,

Very new to all this but I just jumped on the scales and hit the weight that I said I'd never hit.

I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm here now and giving it a go.

See you around I guess.

Chris

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Only you can make the change. You can do it but only if you want. How bad do you want it.
    Make small changes. Educate yourself on healthy eating. Look online for healthy recipes. Go the the grocery store and read lables. Try to limit processed and fast foods. Don't drink your calories. Drink a lot of water. Try to do some kind of exercise even if it just a little walk everyday. Don't worry about the getting fast results. It didn't take a week to put it on and it won't take a week to take it off. You can make small changes and in a year you will see how far you have come. If you try to go too fast you will get discouraged and fail. Take your time and don't make excuses.
  • ousoonertaz
    ousoonertaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm in the same boat as you where I hit a number on the scale that not only did I not think I would ever hit, but was disgusted when I saw it.

This site is amazingly easy to use. The biggest thing you need to do is make sure you log everything that goes in your mouth. It's all to easy to skip over things and get a false reading from the site. I was shocked how much I was skipping or forgetting after I got the app for my phone. That was a real eye opener for me, so it helps change my whole perception on what I'm doing throughout the day, especially on weekends.

Yes, there's a bit of a break in period where you have to keep up on it, but it'll become automatic soon enough and, hopefully, you'll re-train yourself on what you can/can't eat and how much of it you can throughout the day.

I'm just now getting on the right track, so, maybe things will move in the right direction now!

Good luck to ya!

Sean
  • Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hey Chris & Welcome! I have found this site and the free tools to be WONDERFUL. It really helped me realize exactly what I was putting in my mouth! Good Luck!
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I was where you were a few years ago just think every meal a different or better choice will add up! let me kow if you need any motivation!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Welcome!!!

I think we all found our breaking point, which is what brought us to this site. It is you that has to do the work and make the commitment, but this site is amazing for support and motivation!!

Friend request sent! :smile:
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making a lifestyle change!! It does take perseverance and time. Take it slow but if you going to do it, make sure you are dedicated. Just keep logging what you eat. It really does work!!!!! Sent you a friend request.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Here's to finding what works for you! :)
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Welcome Chris You will love it here
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself but be consistent. Log everything, even the bad stuff. One day at a time.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey Chris!

Welcome to MFP.

There's a Woody Allen quote that you can apply to weight loss and MFP:

'80% of success is just in showing up.'

So, show up, fill in your diary and it WILL work.

Good luck!
  • ChrisYarrow
    Options
    Wow!

I certainly wasn't expecting this response. Thanks everybody :)