LOOSE SKIN

Options
Ok so i am completly utterly petrified of getting loose skin..
I am 5ft5 at just under 17 stone.
Today marks the begginging if my journey but already am having terrible anxiety and thoughts of giving up because i may look worse when i have lost the weight.
My goal is to drop 7 stone on low carb no sugar diet. And just to be more active no real exercise routine.. maybe when im a little lighter.

If there is anyone who has lost about 6/7 stone in weight and managed to avoid loose skin please share tips.
Exercise/diet/skincare.
:)

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 pounds. I hike a lot for exercise, but don't do anything specific for upper body. That being said, my legs look great, my arms not so much. Do some strength training while you're losing weight, you may be able to avoid what I'm dealing with now, saggy underarms and a not so firm belly. It helps to be young as well. I'm old.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Lose slower so your skin can keep up as much as its going to. Fill in some with muscle as you go. . . other than that it's genetic luck of the draw really. Mine doesn't look all that great to be honest but i wouldn't trade my loose skin for the fat that was in it. I look great with clothes at least and i feel awesome.
  • missmebb
    missmebb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. im sorry also if i offend anyone with loose skin..i dont want anyone to feel bad about it.
    Its just something i never knew existed until recently until wanting to lose the weight.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    I lost 85 pounds last year pretty quickly and had some loose skin. However, it tightened up within a short time.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Hey...I'm not trying to be rude...
    DO NOT let yourself make excuses!
  • missmebb
    missmebb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes you are right. It does sound like im letting my fears get in the way as they always stop me from progressing.
    This will be my last first day and im sure about that.
    Did you do anything in particular or did it tighten up by it self?