What does your work lunch usually look like?

Options
Do you make it at home or buy take out?

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I usually get take out. Steak salad from qdoba, farmhouse turkey salad from Arby's are a couple of my favorites.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Usually bring my lunch, go out once a week maybe. Turkey sandwich w/ cheese, handful of nuts, some fruit, some crackers, and a yogurt.
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I bring the same lunch to work everyday: PB&J and salad with baby spring mix, greek yogurt-based dressing, shredded cheese, and sliced almonds.
  • AbiiReilly
    AbiiReilly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
  • tamms_1965
    tamms_1965 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Since there are only two of us at home now, it's always leftovers (just a much smaller portion). If there are no LO, I make egg salad or have an Amy's or Red's burrito from the freezer. I also take soup from the freezer.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Quest bar. Quick and easy.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Some sort of leafy green (spinach or romaine), cut raw veggies (bell pepper, cucumber, sometimes mushroom), cheese, some sort of dressing, half an avocado, and a protein on top (tuna or chopped ham or an egg or some chicken). I usually have string cheese too. Normally keeps me full until 5-6 PM.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    About 8 oz of chicken breast on flatbread, apple, orange, some almonds and baby carrots. Sometimes swap out a ham and cheese or peanut butter sandwich for the chicken.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Bring my own. Salads or tuna melts usually. Plus snacks.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Meal prep! I keep 3-4 different meals in my freezer ready to grab. Mexican chili, Asian chicken and green beans, turkey spaghetti sauce, etc. So much cheaper and using the recipe builder here I know exactly how many cals, protein , etc in each one.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Usually a chickpea salad wrap or sandwich or a veggie patty with avocado or something and portioned chips or sliced bell pepper and hummus. Sometimes left over stirfry or pasta
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I used to bulk cook on Sundays, something like honey mustard chicken or mixed veg in couscous, then also bring a little pot with salad veg in.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    Chicken, rice and veg.

or

Chicken, noodles and veg.

I have chicken, rice and noodles in my drawer ... I bring a bag of veg every day.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Soup - bought at our company cafeterie. The manager aways makes it fresh with lots of vegetables.
    Huge salad. My salad box hold 1.2 litres and is always packed full. Dressing is just one tablespoon full and also homemade; lots of vinegar, herbs and spices and a little oil.
    closed slice of bread with cheese, no butter. Home made

It is very very rare to deviate from this on a workday. I love it, it is filling and hovers around 400 cal - the total sort of depends on the soupchoice
  • skmonak
    skmonak Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I take my lunch and it has to be easy to eat as I do it on my way from the office to the beginning of my route. Chicken or turkey deli meat, honey Dijon mustard on Eziekel bread...290 calories.
  • AndrewD315
    AndrewD315 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Easy .5 piece multi grain low cab flat bread, two pieces of fruit eat one before lunch one after and left over protein from night before around 5 to 6 oz depends.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner the night before typically.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. :smile:
  • slogan1271
    slogan1271 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A frozen meal like healthy request and a piece of fruit. Sometimes a can of Light Progresso soup and fruit, and sometimes a sandwich and a piece of fruit. I hate prep work I have 4 kids and a husband so this is easier for me. I also also do the same at dinner but add extra vegetables to it.