gained more than the freshman15 ... :/

Options
I finished my freshman year of college, a year in which I didn't exercise and ate whatever I wanted. I ended up gaining THIRTY SEVEN pounds during the school year :/ That had brought my weight to 201 lbs at my max. I have been eating healthier, but I've gotten discouraged along the way, so I joined my fitness pal. I am 5'6 and my goal is to get down to around 140 lbs. Hopefully we can achieve our goals together!

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i gained 27 pounds my junior year (last semester) xD
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    lol trust me I gained a TON during my first 2 years of college... Approximately 34 lbs. But my 3rd year is going to be different for SURE! :smile: Welcome and good luck!
  • amsx05
    amsx05 Posts: 4
    Options
    same thing happened to me! however I am now in my senior year of college recovering from an eating disorder. Now I want to learn how to lose weight the healthy way! CONGRATS to you for turning to myfitnesspal! :) goodluck!!
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I gained 27 pounds freshman year! Shocked me, for sure!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm a little older than you guys (mid-20s), but I had the same problem in college. Bye-bye to Mom's home-cooked dinners every night, hello pizza and sub sandwiches! I gained about 40 pounds in the four years I was in college, but the last two I tried EVERYTHING to keep off the weight and lose it before I got married. I won't scare you with the rest. :-)

Just beware of what you eat in the cafeterias, and I hope you have a good salad bar!
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I got married after my second year of college (I've been married for a year now), and the college weight and married weight totaled 35lbs which is A LOT for my build and height. I've always been so jealous of the people that never gain any weight at all! But after LOTS of hard work, I only have 13lbs more to lose. Good luck on your journey! This site is amazing =]
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    Congrats on making the choice to reverse that!
  • newlifestyletv
    Options
    :O I thought I was the only one that could gain so much weight in one year!
    Thanks, and good luck to everyone!!
  • Crystal82186
    Crystal82186 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    As you can see, you are definately not alone. :smile: I My freshman year brought my introduction to alcohol, and I drank A LOT. I'm not proud of it either, however, I also ate everything I wanted, and had (still kind of do) a problem with getting cookies or some kind of snack food and eating the whole thing in one or two sittings. I look back now, and wonder why I didn't use the brand new free gym and lay off the bad stuff. Oh well, I guess we live and learn, right?

I wish you all the luck in the world with your goals and successes. :flowerforyou:
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    I just finish my first college year too and i gain 27 lbs now im 188 lbs :-( but i am serious about it this time that I am going to lose 45 lbs. I just started today so I have a long way to go, but i am going stick to it untill i reach my goal and happy with the way i look. I wish you all da best on ur journey :-).
  • naneunyeppeuda
    Options
    Dude~ I totally gained way more than 15 too! you can do it! :D
  • Finney88
    Finney88 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Since Freshman year (about to finish senior year), I gained a little over 25 lbs. Trust me...so many people get it! Congrats on your goal and I know if you put your mind to it you can get it done!
  • bomomar
    bomomar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some people to compete with in weight loss. I'm a competitive guy and figure it might be motivational to compete against others. If you want to compete please let me know. We will base standings on weight loss percentages. Each week the last place finisher will be asked to donate $5.00 to a charity of your choice. Only join us if you are serious. If you are interested please send me a friend invite. Weigh-in and donation is honor system. LETS GO WE CAN DO IT.
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    hey! we have a very similar story! i gained about 25 ish pounds freshman year from drinking and eating poorly! I lost 20 pounds last summer and gained 10 back this year! Ugh...im always yo-yoing! But I too am in the 190s now and hope to get down to the 150-140 range! feel free to add me!!