Muffin top :/ Any exercise advice?...

Options
Hello all! My most annoying trouble area is my obliques aka that muffin top! It seems no matter how much weight I lose that side fat is so stubborn to go away. I do a wonderful ab workout with P90x and tons of strength training and cardio and even at my smallest weight (5'10, 150 lbs) I still had a muffin top, just not as pronounced. Does anyone suffer with that same trouble area? Any tips on how to get rid of them? Thanks!

Replies

• nduperez
    nduperez Posts: 3
    Options
    When you find the answer let me know :D
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    jogging is the only thing to have an effect on my belly fat!
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Inquiring minds want to know!!
  • fourmenandalady
    Options
    OMG, I need help in this area, too! Please let me know if u find something that works!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Lipo:tongue:
    Sometimes the way we are determines where we hold onto fat and the only way to reduce fat anywhere is to reduce fat everywhere!
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Cardio & Planks!!
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    In a desperate attempt to lose belly fat, I cut out white bread, potatoes, pasta, rice... only ate brown rice and either whole wheat or dark rye bread/crackers (with reference to carbs, not all types of food)... ate lots of fruit, veggies, lean meats and nuts, NOTHING processed and no added sugars. Did this strictly for about a week (along with exercise and lots of ab routines) and by the end of the first week, had a flat stomach and stopped bloating up when I was stuffed full of food. Wonderful!

Still limit my processed foods, sugar, carbs...but not as strictly. Feels great!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Though this may sound a tad harsh of me please note I still have a long way on my journey.... Have you tried buying pants that fit properly? No matter what your size properly fitting pants will not generate a muffin top. Based on your profile you still have some weight to lose, as you get closer to your goal it will shrink, depending on how long you were over weight (and how fast you lose) you may have loose skin generating that "muffin top". In my pictures there is great proof that stomachs do shrink and skin does go back down so far in my journey, you just have to keep working at it. Cardio is the best thing to burn fat, and (despite it being controversial on here) a few physicians (two of which specialize in womens weight issues & fertility) HIGHLY recommend strength training IN CONJUNCTION with cardio especially for the abdominal region. Most will tell you belly fat dissapears/shrinks with cardio, which is true, but it you are strengthening and tightening the muscles underneath at the same time you have a better chance of steadily shrinking those areas which increases the success of skin shrinking back well also
  • Eshathediva
    Options
    Though this may sound a tad harsh of me please note I still have a long way on my journey.... Have you tried buying pants that fit properly? No matter what your size properly fitting pants will not generate a muffin top. Based on your profile you still have some weight to lose, as you get closer to your goal it will shrink, depending on how long you were over weight (and how fast you lose) you may have loose skin generating that "muffin top". In my pictures there is great proof that stomachs do shrink and skin does go back down so far in my journey, you just have to keep working at it. Cardio is the best thing to burn fat, and (despite it being controversial on here) a few physicians (two of which specialize in womens weight issues & fertility) HIGHLY recommend strength training IN CONJUNCTION with cardio especially for the abdominal region. Most will tell you belly fat dissapears/shrinks with cardio, which is true, but it you are strengthening and tightening the muscles underneath at the same time you have a better chance of steadily shrinking those areas which increases the success of skin shrinking back well also

My pants fit, any larger and they would fall off. I dont have hanging skin either. I do tons of cardio P90x and Insanity and running. I was just wondering if any one had any specific moves they did to lose the oblique fat. I am overweight by 17 pounds. I just think I can't wear low rider jeans.
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 Day Shred and my muffin is diminishing. It's only a 20 minute workout, but those planks and crunches are doing their job.