Okay, I'm serious this time . . . . really, I mean it!!!

Options
Creeping, crawling weight!

How frustrating!! Even more so that it's my own fault. My weight has crept up with my age for the couple of years. I will decide to attack it - eating light and working out. That lasts for a couple of days or weeks, then I indulge and obliterate my efforts. I've been "playing" at losing this weight for a year now and I'm just sick of it.

I lost 55 pounds with WW 12 years ago - down to the low 120s. I even went to work for them to keep the weight off, which was a great idea. I know how to eat right, I know how to exercise, I know how to properly strength train - - - so what is the problem?

Joined MFP in late May. Logged on for a couple of weeks, then quit. Maybe if I post and get involved with others I will have better success?

My husband is MR. SABATOUR and I'm performing in a play at the end of the month -- need equal parts resolve and motivation. It's only 15 pounds, but seems so hard.

44 years old
Current: 144
Goal: 130

Replies

• ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I have about 13 pounds left and you can friend me if you want and we can do it together!
    Ps.... LOVE your boxer. I have a 1 yr old boxer named Brutus that we rescued about 3 months ago.
  • drachac
    drachac Posts: 15
    Options
    I TOTALLY understand! I joined MFP 1 year ago this month an have gained 6lbs............ha ha and I promise you that was NOT my goal! Im in the middle of nursing school and it is not making my stress load/weight loss any easier. But I decided today that I have had enough and am going to jump on board once more! I too hoped that posting and interacting with people on MFP would aide in keeping me on track!
    Friend request me and we shall help each other!!!
    Here is to us accomplishing our goals!!!! :)
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    My trick has been to log in everyday NO MATTER WHAT!!! Even if I don't log my food. On the days and weeks I'm not very motivated it at least give me a little motivation to see how MFP logs everyday you log in. Then I get a little boost every 5 days when it announces how many days in a row you've logged. It has really helped me to log my food and stay on the right track over the last few months!!
    GOOD LUCK!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya (only I had more creep back). I lost 60 pounds 6 years ago with WW. I'm now losing 40 (which, btw still won't return me to where I was with WW). It took me forever to actually commit to doing this. On a side note... lesson learned. NEVER. STOP. TRACKING.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It seems I have gone through similiar inner turmoil, until reaching the part of FIRM resolve. You label hubby as Mr. Sabatuer. Is he holding you down and, and shoving food down your throat? My wife is super athletic, and has goodies hidden all over the place (carb junkie), she's a great cook, and always snacking on something I wish I could have. Is she a "sabatuer"? I didn't lose a single pound until I realized two things 1)My choices are MY choices. 2)I was angry at myself, and refused to take the first step. Then I got real angry with myself, and started the journey. Decide to decide. This is YOUR life, and at the basic level, there is nothing more personal, than what you decide to eat. Don't let others decide for you.
  • IdgiePoo
    IdgiePoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love it CruiseKing. You are absolutely right - it is personal choices. But, here it is day 2 - He knows I am working on it . . .I'm cooking a healthy dinner and he comes up to give me a beer - Sweetwater420. I had to look at him and say sternly, "No!" (Just like training a puppy.) Yesterday he came home from work and wanted to go out to dinner to use a Groupon that was going to expire. Maybe I shouldn't tell him when I'm working on my weight . . . .It will be something every day. I just have to be firm and love him throught it.
  • IdgiePoo
    Options
    Idge joined our family in October. She had been brought to the vet to be put to sleep -- at 10 months old. She had BBs under her skin, a hematoma that burst on her side (prob. had been kicked), had been staved to 35 pound and had PARVO. My friend Michelle had the owners sign her over and saved her life. She is the BEST dog ever. I love mutts and would have never picked a boxer, but I'm loving the breed. She is so clean, very trainable --- except with our cats, and she gives the best hugs!

We raise guide dog puppies for Southeastern Guide Dogs, so it's super important for us to have a family dog to make it bearable when our pup goes "in-for-training".
  • IdgiePoo
    Options
    MissVics - I like that tip. I think I'll do that too. Consistency is the real key and that is where I am the weakest. My moods and to-do list often push my diet and exercise goals out the door. I'll log on too. I know I won't like seeing no change on paper/screen.
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. It's easy to let it slide once you've lost a couple pounds because hey it's working...so lets have a treat.
    This time is different! It'll last and in the end we'l lbe happy that we did it.
    Friend me and we can support each other.