Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Success through therapy?

ArtsieSarah
ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
Has anyone ever had success with the help of a therapist? I know a lot of people are emotional eaters including myself so I'm just curious :)

Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I saw a registered psychologist before committing to this journey. It helped me A LOT because I was always very hard on myself and had disordered, all or nothing thinking. The psychologist helped me change that, and that in itself is, I believe, why I've been successful on this journey so far (83 lbs down in 11 months).

Weight loss is a mental journey more than anything.

Then too, if you don't love yourself when you start, I guarantee you won't when you reach your goal either. That's where I believe most people "relapse" and end up putting it back on. Losing weight isn't the be all and end all. Learning to accept and love yourself is.
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Wow your story is amazing I hope I can be just as successful as u r one day! I definitely feel like I love myself but food is definitely some sort of comfort for me. Maybe I'll do the same thing u did.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Sometimes it just helps to stop and think before you eat to ask why you're eating. If it's because you're upset or sad then have a self talk. The only problem food helps with is hunger. Any other issues must be solved some other way. The wonderful people on MFP helped me realize that and it's helped me a lot as well. If talking to a therapist might help you in that regard then I say try it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!