Support gone!!!!

Options
Hi I was doing well on here, I lost 9 lb then I suddenly got ill and couldn't log for awhile! I only put on 1lb in all that time and today I started back logging etc but was saddened to see most of my friends on my list were 'gone'! What a disappointment!! I find it so encouraging when u have people there to support and encourage u on, and I like doing the same! What a pity when people just 'unfriend' you like this ! I understand there are some people out there that do give up on this and people delete them then but when I checked back in today I didn't have 1 message from someone asking what's up or was I gone for good! What a shame :(

Replies

• wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You may add me if you like
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi I was doing well on here, I lost 9 lb then I suddenly got ill and couldn't log for awhile! I only put on 1lb in all that time and today I started back logging etc but was saddened to see most of my friends on my list were 'gone'! What a disappointment!! I find it so encouraging when u have people there to support and encourage u on, and I like doing the same! What a pity when people just 'unfriend' you like this ! I understand there are some people out there that do give up on this and people delete them then but when I checked back in today I didn't have 1 message from someone asking what's up or was I gone for good! What a shame :(

Chin up, it may not be as bad as you think. MFP was having some glitches a little while ago where friends were disappearing from other people's lists. I had quite a few disappear once and then I saw a forum topic posted by one of those former friends. He was wondering what had happened to all of his friends. We befriended each other again and felt better knowing we had not done anything to offend each other. :)
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I hate when people delete people because they may not log on everyday you never know what a person is going thru....I never delete my friends...feel free to add me i'm a good friend and I'm encourging....
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    you are welcome to add me too :-)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Bummer! I unfriend people sometimes, but usually only if it has been more than 3 or 4 months since they have been active. It just makes it easier to find my friends who ARE active in my list - that's usually the only reason!

If you would like to add me as a friend, feel free! =)
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    Mary,

Sorry to hear that, you may add me as well. I do try to check on all of my friends when I can. From reading the other posters, it looks like a glitch instead of everyone unfriending you. To lose that many friends is not common.

Glad you are feeling better!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It's happened to me too a bit ago. it's amazing how fast some of them defriend you and not even a message. The ones you have left ore obviously the supportive ones, the one's that defriended you weren't worth having in the first place if they dump you like that.
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    Add me add me!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    Whether it's a glitch or not, I know I wasn't on your friends list before, but feel free to add me now. :D
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the only reason I have unfriended people in the past is when they seem to have unhealthy approaches to weightloss... Because I'm susceptible to influence of that nature and know it's not healthy for me to see their updates or read their food diaries... I do wish them well but I'm not strong enough not to get pulled in by it since I have a history myself.

Having said that, I'm gunna friend you *friend*
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    hey thats a shame ,im sorry to hear that sounds to me like you need some more friends ,,add me if you wish ,im a bit up & down like a yo yo but im honest & like to think im encouraging to others & i add i have friends on my list that havent logged for a long time ,but ill keep them on my list for when they hopefully come back ,,,life is full of stuff going on & for sure things happen & we are distracted for a bit or just unable to blog n log & it is irelevant if you did or did not put on the weight whilst gone ,what matters is being here together & finding new friends with the same thoughts & problems & goals to reach, so dont stress over the old friends & meet some new ones & whether you friend me or no good luck with your journey ,you know you can do it .:flowerforyou:
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You can also add me. I am fairly new here. I won't unfriend anyone for any reason. Sometimes life gets in the way of your plans so if you don't check in for awhile it won't offend me. We all need support!
  • marykly
    marykly Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks to you all who've taken the time to reply to me! It has shown me that there is still so much support here on the site, I haven't logged so far as I've only just come back on but will be starting tomorrow
    and it's nice to know there are some good decent people who honestly care on here!! I always had a healthy approach to my 'diet' and logging, and I am always honest about it, it was just unfortunate that I became I'll and had to stop! But hey I'm back now and ready to get going again!!!