Low carb high fat dieter here

Replies

• walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    rerez2015 wrote: »
    I am doing LCHF. I have lost 146 pounds in total so far. 40 doing low fat and 106 doing LCHF.

What does "40 doing low fat 106 doing low carb mea?"
  • walker1world
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    layak wrote: »
    I thought its suppose to be low carb high protein diet?

Technically I'd say a more appropriate name is Low Carb, Moderate Protein, Moderate Fat. The "High Fat" in weight loss SHOULD refer to the body fat you're burning for energy rather than dietary fat if you're doing it correctly. Higher dietary fat is more the territory of maintenance LCHF imo.

Ketogenic diets are in the range of 70- 80% fat. That is what I am doing.
  • walker1world
    dukaqwn1 wrote: »
    Sorry, don't have a pic up yet, but I am also doing LCHF. I have been doing it - not so faithfully - for about 3 weeks and have lost 8 pounds. I think my heavy alcohol intake was causing a reduction of ketosis, so I have slacked off and am being strict about staying under 30 gm CHO daily to see if that speeds up things.

Stay strong low carb High fat for 2 months I have done well. have you checked out the low carb forum on MFP?
  • walker1world
    I have noticed that LCHF will not work to lose wt if we dont count calories. I learned the hard way. Followed it for four weeks straight out of Dr. Hymans book at the end of four weeks I gained 1.6 pounds boy was that a surprise to me. This past Monday I started it again but this time I am eating the allotted amount of calories figured by MFP.

I think people should tweak it for what works for them. I sm glad you found what works for you. It may need to be tweaked as you get further down the road. I eat unlimited calories but 80-90 % fat. I have been loosing weight at a pretty good clip.

The other side of that is my body is now fat adapted so I am not hungry most of the time so I eat less and do intermittent fast. I am fasting every Tuesday and Thursday now for 24 hrs. It seems to work well for me.
  • walker1world
    dmariet116 wrote: »
    Been on LCHF for almost 3 weeks now. I have already lost 13 lbs! Yay! The first 5 days I followed the Adkins fat fast to get into ketosis faster. And after the 2nd day, I lost all cravings for carbs but I did feel a little nauseated from eating so much fat. Now I have added moderate protein so I don't have that problem. I still watch my caloric intake as I believe a calorie is a calorie. I have a goal of losing another 50 lbs.

Have you read Gary Taubes book good calories bad calories, it challenges that thought that a calorie is a calorie.

Dr. James Carlson wrote a book called Genocide subtitled how you doctors ignorance will kill you. He argues that calories has no scientific relationship to the way the body uses nutrients. His thinks the body doesn't know what a calorie is, he ask what organ in the body processes a calorie? The answer is none they process fat,protien, and carbs.

Just food for thought. They could be wrong but I wanted to share these thoughts from these authors.
  • clarahackworth1999
    clarahackworth1999 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm doing LC/HF as well! I've been doing this way of eating since april 1, 2016 and I'm down 21lbs so far.
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    Good morning everyone! I have been doing LCHF (ish) for the last 3 1/2 months. By saying "ish", I mean that if I choose to make choices that involve whole grains, I may do so. I'm following the basic principles but am allowing myself some flexibility to live a little. While 80% of the time I will eat LCHF, I will also choose to have a cob of corn or allow myself a small sliver of birthday cake at someone's party. I really want to be realistic about this lifestyle change as I know it's exactly that and not a fad. I want to ensure success and that means not beating myself up on the times I can't follow things to the letter.

I started out very insulin resistant, but in the last 3 months have changed that to only slightly resistant. I'm looking forward to my next blood test in 3 more months. I have lost 34.5 lbs since I started in March and still have a very long way to go. My doctor told me it took me a lifetime to get where I am, so not to expect this journey to happen too quickly. I also have PCOS and that provides some other food and weight loss challenges. I could really use some supportive friends and people to share this journey with.

I look forward to seeing all the fresh ideas and inspiration I'm sure will come of this group. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    I'm still the damned same weight! And feel bloated all the time. I drink regular 8 glasses of water. I've gone higher carb on Friday for my Saturday run and I have to go back because I am craving carbs! Possibly shark week upon me I don't know. Think I need start detox tea water again to help!
  • tltate
    tltate Posts: 20 Member
    I've been doing the low carb high fat diet since March 1 (my birthday). I've lost 30 pounds! Only 70 more to go
  • HulasMom
    HulasMom Posts: 14 Member
    I could use some low carb diet friends but I don't know how to add them. I need to lose 60 lbs! Help please!!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Hi @HulasMom ,
    click on persons pic, pop up should cine up add friend, you can add message if you want then hit send
  • reckless1976mj
    reckless1976mj Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I'm a low-carb high-fat lifer here. I love it! I'm not hungry all the time, my knee inflammation has all but left me! I've been living this way for over 2 years...
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    I am 6 months in doing LCHF and I am down 80 pounds, 55 to go to goal. Hopefully by Christmas
  • autumnblonde1
    autumnblonde1 Posts: 10 Member
    Low carb high fat / keto dieter here, since June 5. Losing so much weight and feeling better than ever! It's great to see that I'm not the only one on MyFitnessPal who doesn't do the traditional calories in, calories out low fat diet plan. Woohoo for us!
  • twebber03
    twebber03 Posts: 8 Member
    I am so glad to have found this group. I've been doing LCHF for 5 weeks. Gained 2 lbs but feel better. I have 50 lbs to lose. I realized I'm eating to many calories, so this week I'm tracking better and fasting 14 hours each night. Looking to engage more this group as I need to connect with people who understand this lifestyle.
  • NewandImproved21
    NewandImproved21 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone.. I would love to adapt my life to LCHF diet. I need friend who have adapted their lives to help me. Please add me as your friend. I've been a pescatarian for 12 years and for many of those years, carbs have been my enemy. I need a change.
  • MichelleLaClair
    MichelleLaClair Posts: 3 Member
    I recently started low carb as well, looking to meet people who are also following the low carb woe. ;) To help stay motivated, share recipes ect.
  • Anicamarais
    Anicamarais Posts: 46 Member
    Hi.. I'm on a low carb ketogenic diet... feel free to add me..
  • cindytabor96
    cindytabor96 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm glad I found this thread. I'm not sure about how to post extra. But I'm about 4 months in on LCHF and have lost 30 lbs. IM LOOKING FOR FRIENDS DOING LCHF ALSO. Please send me a request if you also need a few more friends.
  • rondavis436
    rondavis436 Posts: 15 Member
    I've been researching HF/HC/MP lifestyle for about two years, I finally started it in the Spring. I found this web site about 25 days ago, and it's been a great help. Some of the challenges I found is just getting enough fat in your diet. Anybody struggling hang in there and don't be afraid to ask questions. I would love to hear how other people are increasing the amount of fat in their diet, without going over their calorie count. Also anybody keeping their carb count below 20 if so how? I found it to be impossible but under 50 is very doable.