Liquid egg whites

Options
Anyone use and care to share some recipes please :)

Replies

• marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I used to use them in my omelettes and such, as I hate wasting the egg yolk, I don't use them right now as I am using a protein powder, but maybe I'll go back to it this winter when I want a warmer breakfast.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I use them every day - sometimes 2xs a day. I add laughing cow cheese and/or veggies for an omelet and/or lean meat for a scramble and/or calorie free syrup for a sweet taste (on top of Ezekiel bread). I've made a "pizza" out of them recently just because I was craving it. I've added them raw to a blend of spinach, assorted fruits and spirulina for a quick boost of energy (smoothie) and protein. I've baked them (with a whole egg and veggies) in a muffin pan for mini frittatas.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I cook mine in the microwave in one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/Bakerpan-Silicone-Large-Muffin-Baking/dp/B00JK5CSOC/ref=sr_1_8?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1470486255&sr=1-8&keywords=large+silicone+muffin+cups
    (I love these silicone cups!)

I just mix the egg whites and seasoning in the silicone cup and microwave. I mix them every 20 seconds or so until they are done. I mix the cooked egg whites with veggies or maybe put it on a sandwich flat with cheese. Or just eat it as is.