MORNING WORKOUTS - MOTIVATION TIPS?

Options
the night before im always thinking ''yeah i'll get up go on the tredmill im up for that''
then it comes morning and i dont want to do it all feel like doing it

any tips?

xx

Replies

• Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1) Dont think about what your are about to do - if you think about getting out of bed/getting dressed/etc you will talk yourself out of it
    2) Have everything ready to go the night before. Some people actually sleep in their work out gear, Im not that hard core but I do have everything neatly folded next to the bed in the order of putting it on.
    3) Find someone to be accountable to. My best friend and I take turns driving to the gym, one week each. Its easier to get up and go because she is waiting for me.
    4) Did I mention dont think about it? lol
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    one, and done.

The sooner you get it done, the sooner it's over and you can eat all your calories back for the duration of the entire rest of the day.
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    THANKS PEOPLE!
    maybe if i do it this once ill be able to do morning work outs more often
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    i always feel alot more energised through out the rest of the day if i work out in the mornin, like a natural high :)
    maybe youll feel the same way after a few mornin routines? x
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    1:Set your alarm.
    2:Have your workout clothes laid out.
    3:If you're going to the gym in the morning, pack your work clothes the night before and put them in your car.
    4: While you're laying in bed trying to get those extra zzzzz's, run you hand along your stomach (that always get's my azz out of bed to workout).
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    i have a cute dog that looks at me in the morning when i dont take him for a walk. he likes them so much its hard to disappoint him.
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    lmao run you hand along your stomach i like that ;)

and yeah in the morning makes sense to be more motivated in the day
    its getting up and doing it!
  • melsat
    melsat Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. I go to the gym through the week at 5:30 a.m. before work. I set out my clothes the night before and have my water bottle filled up in the fridge. When the alarm goes off, I don't give myself a chance to think about it. I just jump up throw my clothes on and head out the door. After a while you will get used to it and it will become routine. I don't hardly sleep in on the weekends anymore because of my workout schedule through the week! You can do it! After the first five minutes you will be wide awake and ready to conquer your day! Good luck!
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    thanks guys!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My motivation: on the days I don't workout in the AM, life finds a way to keep me from working out at all. Sometimes it even force feeds me junk food. If I start my day off with a workout, I feel healthier and have more will power.

So, I get up, go potty, weigh in, drink water/take vitamins/eat something small, get dressed and head out.

Hope that helps you!
  • OnlyGodCan
    OnlyGodCan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wont be any help in that area! I set the clock one day...... Didn't happen! I had my hubby wake me up.......Didn't happen!!! I am not a morning person. I gave up. Im just sticking to after work- workouts!
    2112540 Posts: 71
    Options
    all you need is a bit of motivation to start just to do it that one day and then it will become a habit:)
    2112540 Posts: 71
    Options
    all you need is a bit of motivation to start just to do it that one day and then it will become a habit:)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning, but I have to wait at least an hour before I head out running. When I wake up I feel groggy and stiff, once I'm up and about, and I have eaten, I feel loads better.