Is it possible to lose weight while eating late night snacks like popcorn?

Options
I want to lose ten pounds by the end of this month, but popcorn at night always fills me up so I'm not hungry at night

Replies

• kittens2cute
    kittens2cute Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I guess to me, as long as it fits into your calories, go for it. There are times on the weekends when we don't even eat dinner until after 8 pm, so there's no way I could do this and NOT eat at night sometimes!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! Popcorn is my go to snack at night....with BUTTER!!!! I just fit it into my calories for the day.
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    As long as you are within your calorie goal the time of day doesn't really matter. Popcorn is a good filler because of the fibre, and depending what you put on it can be very low-cal also so is a good snacking option. From a well-being point of view eating popcorn late at night is way better than having disturbed sleep due to hunger!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calorie goals, it's ok. If you take your popcorn extra salty, you'll drink and retain water for a morning weight check, so be aware of that. In my case, I'm working 12 hrs each day recently and my dinner gets later and later as the week goes on. By Friday my dinner will be Saturday.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight and most nights I eat Air Popped popcorn with margarine. I also budget it into my daily goal.
  • mymutandi
    mymutandi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is I good source of fibre...poop out your popcorn the next day.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Budget it in your calorie goal for the day and you should have no problem.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    what they said. I have popcorn that I pop and I add olive oil and seasonings 4-5 times per week
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Popcorn late at night does not magically stop weight loss. Depending on how much popcorn you eat and what you put on it, it could put you over your calorie goal and that would slow down weight loss because you'd be consuming too many calories.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn several times a week. Just be sure you aren't going over your daily calorie limit with it, and you're fine. I like to air pop mine and add salt, cause I like the simple things.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I want to lose ten pounds by the end of this month, but popcorn at night always fills me up so I'm not hungry at night

Why is that a problem? Why would you want to be hungry versus full? You don't have to be starving and miserable to lose weight. Weight loss is about having a calorie deficit. If it fits your calorie goal it is fine to eat the popcorn. I ate popcorn pretty often.
    However 10 lbs in a month is pretty aggressive. Unless you are 50+ lbs overweight 2-5 lbs is a more reasonable goal in a month.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options

So long as they're counted and within yourcalorie allowance.

10lb in 4 weeks is ambitious, though. You're better off sticking with maximum nutritionin everything you eat with that goal.
  • ToshaHe2
    ToshaHe2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn often as well. But if you want to eat popcorn with less calories I recommend Skinny pop popcorn. I get the white cheddar kind and it's only 43 calories for a whole cup so even if you indulge and have a few cups of it it's not really that many calories. I would just measure it out so that you're not mindlessly eating it like we can often do anytime anything comes in a bag, especially if you're eating it and watching tv.
  • damiansinc
    damiansinc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love my nightly popcorn. Great way for me to end the day.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Not sure what the question and/or issue is? If popcorn fills you up so that you're not hungry at night isn't that what you're trying to achieve? <confused>
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is my go to snack so yes, it can certainly be done. And you can have a LOT of popcorn for 100 calories. I sometimes add in a teaspoon of dark chocolate chips or seasoning salts (ranch and cheddar are my favorites) to give it a little added flavor. Just be careful of the add ins. Chocolate chips add about 70-80 calories and of course, too much salt isn't good for your diet and health anyway, but I do love my popcorn.
  • alexgirl06
    alexgirl06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay if you're not over-eating. If you're going to, I like to cook my own popcorn with a little salt and onion powder. It's delicious and doesn't have all the saturated fats from butter and butter subs.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight eating ice cream or drinking beer at night, too.