Would exercising at night help me lose more weight?

Options
When I first started my diet, I had no other time than to exercise at night. That's when I lost my ten pounds. But now that I'm exercising in the morning (and eating back the calories obviously) the rest of the day, is it playing a part on why I'm not losing the weight anymore?

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Do you mean to exercise at night and NOT eat your exercise calories? I exercise at night, but I estimate what I'll burn and eat it BEFORE I actually do the exercise. A great way to force me to work out! This seems to work well for me.
  • areittinger
    areittinger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I Exercise in the morning and at night time. I have a heart rate monitor and i seem to burn about 75-100 more calories at night than i do with my morning work out.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning before work. I haven't really noticed a big difference in calorie burn (I have a HRM). It's usually between 380-545 calories burned with my workouts, whether morning or night. /shrug
    But I have recently lost a pound from picking up morning workouts..
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    This is good information. I also exercise at night. Mostly because it fits into my schedule, but I feel like I am hungry after a workout and can make healthier choices than I would out and about or at work.
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have done both, but prefer night because sleep and I are BFF's. I try to burn one meal when I workout.
  • bethie624
    bethie624 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do all of my workouts at night because it fits into my busy schedule. I also find that it helps me with the want to snack late at night.....when I start craving a snack at night I just go outside for my workout and by the time I get back the craving is gone! I have lost 36 pounds and have only did my workouts at night...I have heard that it doesn't really matter when you do your workout morning or night.....
  • PixieThin
    PixieThin Posts: 57
    Options
    I do all of my workouts at night because it fits into my busy schedule. I also find that it helps me with the want to snack late at night.....when I start craving a snack at night I just go outside for my workout and by the time I get back the craving is gone! I have lost 36 pounds and have only did my workouts at night...I have heard that it doesn't really matter when you do your workout morning or night.....

I seem to do the same I like to snack at night and when I workout at night it keeps me more focused! & btw bethie624 you are doing great working out at night!