Looking for support during clean eating and weight loss

Options
kflanrye
kflanrye Posts: 16 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello- I've been using this app for a while but just now trying to use community site to get and provide support. Let me know if you'd like to add me. After having a son, I just kept slowly gaining and after getting sick last year, gained an additional 20lbs on top of it. I just finished a 6 week bootcamp with a clean diet plan and lost 10+ lbs. Would like to keep it up with support. Thanks!

Replies

• OctoberOblivion
    OctoberOblivion Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely love to give you support, and vice versa! ^~^
  • kflanrye
    Options
    Thanks @OctoberOblivion let's make this work :smile:
  • schairish09
    schairish09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello out there, THERE IS HOPE!! I've been using this ap since July 18 and have lost 8 lbs. I find that it helps me be accountable for every morsel that goes in my mouth. I'm a now retired after my 41 year career as a hairdresser. My tipical day was 9 - 12 hours /6 days wk standing on cement floors, 5 cups of coffe, eating any cold foods I could shove in my mouth and skipping meals, and having rich dinners I thought I deserved... Long story short, I was going in for a shoulder rotator cuff replacement and to my surprise-the Cardiologist performing my stress test clearance infomed me that I had 2 clogged arteries and needed 2 stents put in....WHAT???? OMG....Sobafter an evening if pitty comfort food.
    NEXT DAY: I woke up bloated, sluggish and depressed. What have I done to myself?
    I emediantly went to utube and watched every video on hear deaseas, blocked arteries and dieting with nutrients by Dr. Wallace. I made out a grocery list and went grocery shopping for Omega 3 rich foods, I cut out all of my Dairy products, and visited the Vitiman shop, increased my water intake and moderate exersizes. To my surprise my stomach went down and I lost 4 inches on my waist and lost 8 lbs in 7 days. My entire body, mind and spirit feels good. I am NOT HUNGRY like I used to be. As a matter a fact; I'm having trouble eating my daily 1200 caloric intake. The best thing I dont have to roll out of bed fighting my fat gut getting out of bed.
  • kflanrye
    Options
    @schairish09 that is amazing! Very inspirational. How is your health now? Guessing going well. I am also having a hard time keeping my 1200 calorie intake with my clean eating. I've cut out dairy (had a slight cheat today in 8 weeks), processed sugars and carbs, except for things like sweet potatoes, etc. it's been amazing and a wonderful life change.
  • sijaeabc
    sijaeabc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how you are defining "clean" eating but that's how I describe myself. My brand of clean eating is lots of fresh fruits and veggies, raw, juiced, or (occasionally) cooked, along with small amounts of meat and raw milk. I avoid pretty much all processed foods and junk. I don't have a set rule because I find that having flexibility is part of my mental health as well, but I've found that to my surprise I eat very little processed or prepared food overall and recently I'm not eating them at all. The other part of it is exercising a lot (at least 80 minutes a day right now). It works for me. The only issue is it does seem to be a choice between clean eating and a social life because so much of going out with friends revolves around food and alcohol. For now, I am focusing on taking care of myself. Feel free to friend me. I've been working on creating health and a sustainable lifestyle for a while, but I just got active in the community part of this site last week.
  • kflanrye
    Options
    That's really great!
  • darshanbilala
    darshanbilala Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eat more veg foods .. veg foods is easily digestable and clean our body system .