Newbie in Missouri

Hello everyone on here. I am new to the site. I am ready to lose weight and get in shape for my kids. I weighed this morning at 178 lbs and and 5'6". I have tried several diets with no luck. I hope that I have luck and meet new people on this journey.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome!!
  • How awsome for you. I have you found that it is hard at time?
  • becky611
    becky611 Posts: 77
    Welcome to MFP. I am also in Missouri
  • Hi I'm new today as well!!! I'm also wanting to drop some weight for the kids and myself!! Live Longer!!!
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Hey there! I'm from MO -- up in Hannibal!

I've now lost 21 pounds since May 16th & I can honestly say that if it weren't for this site, I wouldn't have been able to stick with it! Good luck to you!!!
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Welcome!! You'll find that tracking your food with help you in your weight loss goals!! I tried for 2 months to lose weight with exercise and eating better but it wasn't until I tracked my food and watched my calories that I started losing the weight!! Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!!
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    I'm in Springfield and am down 20 pounds since June 1st. :) What part of Missouri are you in?
  • cdbillups
    cdbillups Posts: 20 Member
    Welcome! I'm also from Missouri, from Palmyra to be exact. I've dropped around 50 pounds since Thanksgiving. I'm kind of stuck losing the same 5 pounds over and over again right now. Just be patient and follow the guide and you'll lose the weight.
  • TWood10
    TWood10 Posts: 41 Member
    Hey! Just joined last week! Im also from Missouri--springfield area! Haven't weighed in yet, will on Friday! :) Great new diet plan and exercise going.