Hello from the Netherlands

Options
Hi!

I can't find how to update my avatar so for now I will have a boring grey one.
I am turning 25 this month and I have been on my weight loss journey for about 5 years now. Yes, I am going quite slow, but I have lost about 66lbs (30kgs) already. I am proud of that.
My chronic illness makes it quite difficult for me to exercise or sometimes even find the energy to put on my socks. Since I have accepted that this makes me go slower, I have been much happier on my journey.

Since the start of this year I have become a vegetarian and I am trying to transition to a vegan diet. No worries, I won't preach about it and I don't mind befriending meat eaters on here at all (please add me, I'm lonely!), but if someone who reads this is also interested in a vegan diet, I would love it if you would add me. :)

Replies

• Roodlokje
    Roodlokje Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh, there my picture is - never mind. I am a noob. :D
  • mihai_vuurwerk
    mihai_vuurwerk Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Finally a fellow Dutch :D
  • Humblebeginningsagain
    Options
    Wow, you are doing great to have lost so much so far. Good attitude of accepting how slow it can be. I'm new here & have found vegetarian & vegan meals very helpful to losing as well. I regularly use half the meat called for in recipes if not having meatless meals. I was just on allrecipes.com last night looking for vegan recipes. Lots of great choices.