Any vegetarians/vegans out there?

Options
kaylinhnguyen
kaylinhnguyen Posts: 9 Member
The whole point of me being on this program is to make sure I'm still getting all my needed nutrients while not eating meat. Any non-meat-eaters here?

Replies

• heartofplastic
    heartofplastic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm almost a vegetarian, the only meat I eat is chicken and very little of it. I try to get my protein via yogurt and protein bars.

I was basically vegan for a year in college and it was detrimental to my health. I developed tendinitis in both my arms, my nails were brittle, I was underweight and malnourished. My dad was so worried about me he begged me to start eating chicken and that's why I do now.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm transitioning to a veggie diet atm
    Feel free to add me :)

I'm still eating small amounts of chicken and some fish but phasing it out
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi! I'm a vegetarian and have been for over 10 years. I love carbs, and because of that and inactivity, I was obese. I joined MFP almost 3 years ago to get healthier. I'm in a much better place today (down over 70 lbs and exercising regularly), and I definitely monitor my macros because I want to be a healthy vegetarian.

There is a group on here that you can join just for non-meat eaters. It's called Happy Herbivores. You should join.
  • tensleysiham
    tensleysiham Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The whole point of me being on this program is to make sure I'm still getting all my needed nutrients while not eating meat. Any non-meat-eaters here?
    I'm just became vegan a few months back, i have to lose 150 lbs, feel free to add me.
  • warfield23
    warfield23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Vegan
  • bullchit1
    bullchit1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat liver once a week just for the b12. The rest of the time I am vegan.
  • AnnieintheN0rth
    AnnieintheN0rth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Transitioning to vegan...have a big problem giving up eggs :( Feel free to add!
  • ashleystidhammfp
    ashleystidhammfp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've just remade my account after a few inactive months, I'm a vegetarian! Add if you want :)
  • coffintop
    coffintop Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan since about a year or more :) You should use cronometer for checking your nutrition it's great and shows you everything
  • MaxT370
    MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much given up red meat, very rarely do I have it. Mostly chicken these days. I couldn't do vegan, I like dairy..
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    be sure to take a B12 supplement :smile:
  • tessoconoor1986
    tessoconoor1986 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Hi, yes I'm vegan. Only seven weeks but I wish I had my blinkers taken off years and years and forever ago. I'm using this app to try not to eat vegan junk food and yummy cakes and to monitor my vitamins and protein intake too. How are you getting on?
  • strawberryswirl01
    strawberryswirl01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm a vegan and happy to support anyone in transition to becoming a veggie or vegan.
  • appleton1970
    appleton1970 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian for (About 5mths) now and feeling so much better
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sorry meat is the best
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yes vegetarian for 4 months. Love it
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Too much soy products
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for years. I stopped about a year ago on the advice of my doctor; now that I'm well again, I'm transitioning back.
  • sparklehead909
    sparklehead909 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian!