Heart Rate Monitor ?

Options
Can anyone recommend a good, yet affordable heart rate monitor? Probably no more than $100. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I brought one today at k mart for 40 its called Sport line works very well
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    found my polar ft7 on the internet for around 80. heard alot of good things about it. now that i have it , LOVE IT
  • StLouisTim
    StLouisTim Posts: 22
    Options
    I use a Timex T5G951. It runs about $39 and has worked great for me so far. It come with a chest strap.
  • sarah120906
    sarah120906 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Where is it worn on your body?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Look on Amazon for a Polar FT7...I got mine for $75 shipped. It comes with a chest strap and is supposed to be among the most accurate.

You'll get LOTS of recommendations for the Polar models...and my suggestion is simply buy the most expensive one of them you can afford. For me, the FT7 was the perfect middle ground =D.

Cris
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

had a sportline , i quit reading heart rates alltogether after 2 months, and was never even close on calories.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I have this too.. sportline duo 1025 and I'm really happy with it... around $99.00 plus tax. Has a chest strap, but the strap is very comfortable. Fairly easy to use, once you read the instructions!
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    i bought the MIO petite from bestbuy.com $59.99 i love it. check it out.
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm a polar ft4 advocate! $75-80. I have yet to hear a negative Polar HRM review!
  • aperradise
    aperradise Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6, got it last year at Sears for $50. I love it!!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    I use a Timex T5G941. It runs 36.75 on Amazon and has worked great for me. It come with a chest strap.
  • dltang
    dltang Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I bought the Mio Classic from Amazon.com and it was on sale. I see it is now $45 at Amazon but you can still get it for $35.99 at Walgreens.com Here is the link. http://www.walgreens.com/search/results.jsp?Ntt=mio+classic&x=0&y=0 I have only had mine a couple of days but really like it. I have checked it a few times and it appears to be very accurate. It also keeps tracked of calories burned while working out, (as long as you take your heart rate a few times during the workout) It does not have a chest strap, you just put your two fingers on the sensor. So far I am very pleased with this monitor, especially for the price.
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    Love the Polar FT. Well worth whatever it costs!!!
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT4. Love it. Make sure you find one with a chest strap and that will allow you to input personalized information (weight, height, age, sex).
  • frudoc
    frudoc Posts: 3
    Options
    I Just picked up the Polar FT4 for about $50 on Amazon. It's got the features I need and not a bunch I don't need, comes with a good chest strap and seems to be quite accurate. So, if you have $50, go with the FT4, if you have more to spend, Polar has models for any budget.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm a polar ft4 advocate! $75-80. I have yet to hear a negative Polar HRM review!

I too, have the Polar FT4. I love it!
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a timex with chest band that has been working great for about 8 years or so. Polar is supposed to be a good brand. I would be suspect of any without a chest band.
  • sarah120906
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It seems everyone agrees that Polar is a great brand to buy. I'm going to check them out.
  • sarah120906
    Options
    I ended up scoring a great deal on Ebay! I won a new Polar FT7 for $67 shipped:) Can't wait to try it out!
  • stacie162903
    stacie162903 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft60 and I LOVE IT. I couldn't imagine doing a workout without it