Valentine's Fitness Challenge Feb 6

Options
Terrible day yesterday (stress finally all boiled over). I had a crying jag and an ice-cream for dinner incident. And no exercise. And later a migraine due to the above ice-cream for dinner incident. I confess! Hey, it was mardi gras.:wink:

But, moving on!

Today is yoga for 30 minutes, and walking home from the subway with my backpack (30 minutes). Let's send extra positive thoughts for each other today, please.:heart: <
mine for ya'll.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Terrible day yesterday (stress finally all boiled over). I had a crying jag and an ice-cream for dinner incident. And no exercise. And later a migraine due to the above ice-cream for dinner incident. I confess! Hey, it was mardi gras.:wink:

But, moving on!

Today is yoga for 30 minutes, and walking home from the subway with my backpack (30 minutes). Let's send extra positive thoughts for each other today, please.:heart: <
    mine for ya'll.

:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Viviaky,
    Don't feel bad about your day. Today is a new one and we get to start fresh! I also had ice cream last night (frozen yogurt with Reese's cups) and I learned that my lactose intolerance is still there! I had an upset stomach. So now I have motivation to stay off of it!
    I am determined to work out today. I will either do Walk Away the Pounds or a Taebo video. Not sure which. Taebo is more fun. I think I have quite a bit of my strength back now so I need to get back to it!
    Hugs for everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • lizburnsyb
    Options
    I love the motivation here! Yesterday was no good for me either--and when I weighed myself this morning, I was NOT happy. It would be easy just to let the whole week go, but I've been inspired to keep going! Thanks!
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It's Wednesday - half way through another week. We can make it to the weekend! Just hold on! Try to focus on where you want to be as far as your fitness goals and keep working towards getting there.

I felt like I got myself back on track yesterday. I did the Self: Your Best Butt Fast workout, rode my bike for 36 min at a moderate pace, drank all of my water, AND took all of my vitamins and meds. Yep! All three stickers on my chart! I almost doubled my stickers 5 days into the chart! Well, I plan to fill them all in from here on out. I CAN DO IT! Since my hubby had to referee last night we are having our Mardi Gras dinner tonight. Not sure what's supposed to be served but I have decorations and beads and always make Jambalya & Monkey Bread. Not sure how many calories are in those but I might want to try and burn a few extra calories today.

Viviakay ~ & everyone else struggling ~ pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again. So, you had a 'day' yesterday. Welcome to the club of bad days! It WILL get better. None of us stays here very long because of the motivation and support of everyone else here.
    (((HUGS))) &
    +++EXTRA POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    So now I know what "worried sick" feels like. Kitty is still in the hospital, and when I go see her, she just wants to be pet :brokenheart: - which is actually a good sign, better than withdrawal.

So I had a nervous stomach yesterday and did not want to exercise - just sit at home and feel sorry for myself - but I told myself that it might, just might, make me feel better. So I went to the gym. I'm glad I did. It was the best I felt all day - I only did 40 min on the elliptical, but with the crazy cat schedule I'm ok with that (she has to be moved from day to night vet and back, and we like to go visit). I'm hoping my strength training class coming up in an hour will make me feel better as well - I'm a little worried about the abs though - I do feel a little ill, though I know it's stress induced.

Here go my exercise vibes to all of you ~~~~~~~~~

Oh, I went to a birthday dinner last night - but it was at an Ethiopian restaurant (so all veggies for me) and there wasn't any cake! Felt like I missed out a bit actually.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I did the Self: Your Best Butt Fast workout,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I read that as Your best butt forward

Thanks Niccole.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hi all. Having an off day today. Got about 30 minutes into my Cardio Max video & just couldn't stick with it. Really bad weather here & my entire adult family out in it so my mind is other places. I decided to jump on my bike & give it a 400 calorie ride-not much concentration involved in that!

Everyone enjoy the rest of your day!:flowerforyou:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    didn't have time to do my 45 mins core fitness dvd today so I did the 25 min total body workout to day instead of Fri I will just have to make some time on fri to do the 45 min one..

Making homemade spag bol for tea seems to be a lot fewer in cals than the shop bought stuff so I can have a bigger portion:love::love: I am really hungry this afternoon plus my kids will be eating carrots and mushrooms and not complaining which is always a good thing.

Keep going everybody you can do it.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I finally got out to run for the first time in a month. There were still trees down all over the trails from our ice storm last week so I probably earned some hurdle jumping calories too! :laugh:

Only drawback is that I was so hungry I ate my dalily allowance at lunch! :noway: Whoops! Guess I'll be doing something else tonight so I can eat dinner! :laugh:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    20 minutes of snowshoeing but really slow. I was feeling kind of achy in the back.It had stopped snowing but was sleeting instead. Marywilldiet I hope your kitty is doing better, I must have missed a day cause I don't remember why, I'll go look it up. Vivia sometimes you just need to let it burst, I know I feel better when I do. Isn't the weather just miserable everyone? But everyday you just have to look for that little bit of sunshine that comes with every day, whether it is someone who smiles at you or someone who does something nice for you or if you do any of these thingsfor someone else.. Those are pieces of sunshine to me . When I come here and Niccole is giving her upbeat report for the day it makes me smile. That is a piece of sunshine in an otherwise gray day mentally or physically. I love coming to our fitness challenge and sharing a piece of my day with all of you. It makes me happy and that is enough to make me want to keep on trying to lose weight. You guys are great and I just think you ought to know it.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    20 minutes of snowshoeing but really slow. I was feeling kind of achy in the back.It had stopped snowing but was sleeting instead. Marywilldiet I hope your kitty is doing better, I must have missed a day cause I don't remember why, I'll go look it up. Vivia sometimes you just need to let it burst, I know I feel better when I do. Isn't the weather just miserable everyone? But everyday you just have to look for that little bit of sunshine that comes with every day, whether it is someone who smiles at you or someone who does something nice for you or if you do any of these thingsfor someone else.. Those are pieces of sunshine to me . When I come here and Niccole is giving her upbeat report for the day it makes me smile. That is a piece of sunshine in an otherwise gray day mentally or physically. I love coming to our fitness challenge and sharing a piece of my day with all of you. It makes me happy and that is enough to make me want to keep on trying to lose weight. You guys are great and I just think you ought to know it.:flowerforyou:

Well said - so emotional right now.