Should I log vitamins?

Options
Should I log any vitamins I take? Like pre natal? I'm not pregnant but I take pre natals for skin and hair.
Also about to buy some omega 3. Wasn't sure if I should log any vitamins. Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It is up to you, some people log vitamins/supplements and others don't. I do know that some vitamins do have few calories but I don't care. I didn't/don't log them because it would be too OCD in my opinion, and not important for my goals (I have been maintaining for 6 years).
  • TribalmamaEmily
    TribalmamaEmily Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i log mine but it's a personal thing EXCEPT the omega 3's...if you are taking them in the form of fish or flax oil then a tablespoon is gonna be a bit over 100 cals and i think that to be significant enough to log.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I take gummy vitamins so they're around 50 calories a day. I log them! Regular ones without the calories I wouldn't worry as much about. I might still log them but I'd say personal preference.
  • conners_eag
    conners_eag Posts: 10 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I log vitamins. Use a different app for that. Merges with IOS & HealthKit. Healthwatch 360...
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    No cals but I also log them for nutrients like vitamins a & c, iron, potasium, & calcium.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I log mine as i take them so i dont lose track and double up on something. The multi and vitC adds to my nutrition totals.
    My fish oil,vitC and spirulina all contain calories, only small negligible amounts though.
  • jenerek_md
    jenerek_md Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mine is also no cals but I log everything I put in my mouth, so they're in there. It's my mind state- if I don't log the vitamin, what about the small piece of chocolate....
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I log mine, plus my medicines, because that way I know I've taken them. I've also switched to gummies because KITTEN those gigantic horse pills, and they have carbs, LOL.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My multivitamin and omega 3's are yummiest which are 30 calories total so I do log those. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it certainly doesn't hurt either.
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I hadn't been logging my vitamin intake, but after reading this thread i have started :)
    Logged for the last seven days and the reports look a whole lot better!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I do it as a reminder
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I don't, because I don't forget that I've taken them, and I don't take kinds that have calories.
  • KarlyHK
    KarlyHK Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I thought about logging then, so I could see where I'm lacking in vitamins.

I take pre natal even though I'm not pregnant. I just don't know where to start with vitamins!
  • acarmsky
    acarmsky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    KarlyHK wrote: »
    I thought about logging then, so I could see where I'm lacking in vitamins.

I take pre natal even though I'm not pregnant. I just don't know where to start with vitamins!

I don't now about the pre-natal vitamins, but most vitamins have bar codes. Just scan them in.
  • KarlyHK
    KarlyHK Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    No not worries about calories. And I know how to scan them. Lol

I was just wondering if others log them to keep track of their vitamin intake.
  • jesshadley530
    jesshadley530 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I log mine to keep up with the nutritional benefits on my log.
  • wislawcat
    wislawcat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out the risks of taking prenatal vitamins when you are not pregnant trying to become pregnant or breastfeeding. Prenatals have too much iron and folate for women outside these categories and not enough calcium. Check the mayo client mic for info