Day 1 back at it!! Looking for motivational friends

Options
Please feel free to add!! Would love some great MFP friends to keep me going, and vice versa!!

Replies

• drkennedy61
    drkennedy61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just back to my fitness pal as well. Its a struggle but it makes it easier with tools like MFP. Encouragement and support are also a key. Best wishes to reach your health and weight loss goals.
  • e2clyde
    e2clyde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Hillcrest34 here and i am on a journey to lose 90lbs. My biggest obstacle is consistency; any help and encouragement would b greatly appreciated.
  • rainydayvivi
    rainydayvivi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in a journey to lose 50 ibs but 10 ibs at a time. I've been going for almost a month now and have lost 9 ibs walking more and logging my foods, and making healthier choices. I'm a woman in my 30s. Would Love to encourage and support others who also have goals.
  • chrissayyscoops
    chrissayyscoops Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Consistency is SO hard!! But encouragement makes it that much easier. Would love to be a support system and take this journey together!! (: xx
  • vscdmack
    vscdmack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. My goal is to loose 70 lbs. This is day 3 for me. I've been reading the community posts.. I think more meals may work for me. About how many calories are in a meal versus snacks? I welcome encouragement as well as meal ideas. Thank you
  • kapatoddjohnson
    kapatoddjohnson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started back. I am looking for some accountability partners. I need to lose about 57 pounds and get back to regular exercising.
  • icanflgd
    icanflgd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I initially downloaded this app in 2012 and have lost my motivation and life has gotten in the way. I want to be healthy, fit, and tone up. Tracking my exercise and food is good but a good community of support is the icing on the cake, or the avocado on the toast :wink: ! I didn't even know they had these forums!
  • lizjoan3
    lizjoan3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hi guys! Jump on in the ultimate challenge under new groups. Today is the last day to join for the month. Being accountable helps
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Each of you truly can achieve your goal! I am just a fat dude who started using the mfp site in January of 2016. I started losing weight and people started noticing. At my workplace, one young mother of 3 who had the app unused on her phone for several years saw my progress, heard my enthusiasm, and resumed her journey. It took her 2 months but she did lose 8 lb, she is looking gorgeous, she is in a barre class, she has gotten her mother into the gym. At my workplace, one old mother of 2 never had the app but saw my progress, heard my enthusiasm, and finally started her journey. It took a few weeks of "no rice", which is hard for a Vietnamese, but she got her weight down, her diabetes under control, and most importantly to her, a lower insurance quote. At my workplace, one young father of one, very obese, saw my progress, heard my enthusiasm, and started using mfp in March. He is still on his journey and has lost weight slowly and safely by making small adjustments to his lifestyle.
    At my workplace, my boss saw and heard, and decided to make the effort to knock off 5 unneeded lb.

Pretty good influence for an introvert.
  • x_xKarina
    x_xKarina Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Please add me...
  • tilo_dhar
    tilo_dhar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.. back on MFP. Looking at shedding 22 lbs. Little motivation would help. Do add me to the community
  • groovingroomer
    groovingroomer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 53, changing careers and going back to school. So excited!! I want to lose 15 or so pounds.

I'm back at tracking what I eat. It always works, well if I keep to it. And now that I'm over 50 it doesn't come as fast so have lost motivation the last year or so. I'm always active and love excercise so that's not my problem. It my food and drinks!! Glad to be back, looking forward to being inspired and hopefully inspiring a few!!
  • s3rend1p1ty
    s3rend1p1ty Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am on this journey as well. I have a 50 lb. goal to begin with. I know we can do this.
  • Chimera2311
    Chimera2311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am attempting to get back to this. I need to be healthy and I need to lose weight to do it. I am not ready to quantify how much I need to lose yet. I just know I need to get better. My health is trashed because of this extra weight. In the past I have always used another application for tracking activity and food. But I have a garmin activity band and It links to MFP. It tells me my calories consumed and burned on my phone. I need encouragement to keep going. My goal right now is just to make sure I get 10000 steps everyday. I have made it 12 of the last 13 days. Now if I could just get my eating in check I would possibly start losing some weight. Would love some friends on this journey.