P90x

Options
Are any of you doing P90x? What do you do for logging it onto mfp? I wish there was a P90x section listed. I couldn't even find the specific workouts. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!

Replies

• cafaria67
    cafaria67 Posts: 30
    Options
    Anyone!?!?!? :wink:
  • pooperscooper94
    pooperscooper94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You really need to use a Heart Rate Monitor to get your calorie counts. I've read people burning 1k calories on a cardio day, I've also heard of people only burning 300. I avg between 800 and 500 depending on the workout.
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    P90x has different workouts per day, You will need to log them in each as per the type of workout you are doing. For example, If you're doing the Ab Ripper x, log that as sit ups vigorous for the amount of minutes you completed etc. You can also create your own programs in MFP but to figure out the calories burned you'd need a HR monitor. To add your own workouts go toExercise tab, then My Exercise, then Create Exercise.

My husband has done P90x, I've only done the Ab Ripper X but right now I'm doing another BeachBody program Turbo Fire!! Prior to that I did the Brazil Butt Lift program. I love BeachBody!! Good luck to you!!
  • cafaria67
    cafaria67 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I have done P90x before, just never had to log it anywhere. LOL I have been wanting to grab a heart monitor, I guess I'll have to do that asap!
  • bj27
    bj27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do P90X regularly and have found that if you keep up with the dvd and do all the exercises...ie are wiped by the end it averages around 600 - 800 calories.. but it is totally dependent on whether you get up into your max HR and stay there for most of it.. you can burn into the 1000-1300 range if you go nuts like he does... def invest in a HR monitor for the best showing of what you are burning.. and then you have to create your own categories for each exercise.
    good luck on them they work amazingly if you do them and watch what you eat ( I don't follow the diet just do the dvd's ) you may gain in the middle as you will build muscle pretty quickly so don't get discouraged !!
  • davekaplan
    davekaplan Posts: 14
    Options
    hi,

i've been logging my P90X routines all as Cardiovascular so I can log the calorie burn. I had a basic HRM, but upgraded to track calories (the Polar FT7 is pretty nice). I create a New Exercise, give it a name, time and calories burned. Then the next time you do that routine it will be in your "My Exercises". I think the Strength exercise is for logging sets/reps/weight more than calories. If you use the P90X workout sheets then you've got em logged.

i've done a couple rounds of P90X, but didn't really follow the nutrition guide or track calories. The Nutrition Guide averages the calorie burn for workouts at 600. I just started using MFP after trying to do the nutrition on paper, which was a pain. If you haven't read the Nutrition Guide that comes with the program you should check it out, at least the first part... And you can set your protein/carb/fat ratios under MY HOME > GOALS > Change Goals > CUSTOM

You'll find Shakeology and the Recovery Drink in the Food DB though, that's nice!