6'1 women out there? Let's trade stories and tips?

Options
Hey all! I'm 6'1 and I feel like tall women have to deal with weird body expectations and issues while losing weight cuz of our different proportions and bigger hips and rib cages then most women. Looking for people who share this to become friends with and work together to achieve healthy bodies with our odd yet beautiful bodies.
Maybe share height weight and what you most like/dislike about being a tall women?

Replies

• KarenMoeller2
    KarenMoeller2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am also 6'1". 53 yr old female. Currently weigh 317. Would like to weigh 190.
  • Swivy3
    Swivy3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same here... Please add me to your friends so we can all support each other. I always feel there are different expectation when you are tall and big...☹️
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0", if that's close enough! :# 312 now, down from 368. Aiming for 168.
  • phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm a shortie at 5'11 but I definitely understand. I am a real hippy person. Currently 193 but I'd like to get down to 150.

My favorite part of being tall is that look that a short person gives you when you walk down the aisle of the supermarket and they need to ask you to reach something. Scoped out 24/7.

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Swivy3 wrote: »
    Same here... Please add me to your friends so we can all support each other. I always feel there are different expectation when you are tall and big...☹️

If you don't mind me asking... What do people expect from tall women that is so different from others?
  • sammispatz92
    sammispatz92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes! Finally! I'm 6ft 1
    SW: 217
    CW: 197
    GW: 170-175 (that's skinnier than I was in high school)

I'd love to add all you tall people!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'11" but I understand the frustrations of being tall. My short friend doesn't think I need to lose weight. I'm currently 209.2 lbs, I definitely need to lose weight! I think that being tall and being hourglass shaped I just look thinner than I am. So I guess that could be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Im 5'11 and 212 but have lost 36lbs. Hoping to get down to around 180 which is a weight iv not seen in 7 years.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'. Currently maintaining at around 177lbs; my heaviest non-pregnant weight was about 220.

Being tall can be annoying sometimes, like when I knock my head on things that other people walk under easily or when I have to shop for clothes. I've never owned a ladies' coat that covered my wrists. Lol! Favorite thing is that no matter what it is... I can probably reach it! :smiley:
  • Swivy3
    Swivy3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am for ever wearing high water pants. Thank goodness for capri
  • ALG775
    ALG775 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 6"1.
    SW around 245,
    CW 199
    GW 190-195
    I love being tall, although I didn't like it as a teenager or even a young adult. I think I've grown into my height if you will -gained confidence in myself and my body. People are sometimes shocked at how much I weigh.

As @jhmomofmany said, it's very hard to find coats and long sleeve shirts that are long enough in the sleeves. However it does make shopping easier because often there are only 2 things to choose from!
  • BudhiRooh
    BudhiRooh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing to see this post ... It's hard to find tall women :) ... And now I'm feeling like a shortie :P .... I'm 5' 11 and my current weight is 203 lbs ... My goal weight is to be around 170 lbs ...
    SW: 242 (Sep 2015)
    CW: 203 (I had lost upto 191 lbs but gained back 12 lbs :(
    GW: 170

Keeping the fingers crossed ... Would you guys mind sharing your diet tips too? I sometimes think if our eating habits has to do anything with our height too?
  • SoCrescentCity
    SoCrescentCity Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5 ' 8.5 with 1 st mini goal of 50 pounds to loose. Total of 9 pounds lost since starting July 18th so I'm 41pounds away. I m not as tall as most of you ladies but still pretty tall compared to most ladies that I know. My ultimate goal is to loose 130 pounds which seems impossible and far away, but I plan on doing it 1 pound at a time. Feel free to add me and good luck on your journey! ☺
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    5'11" here, 185lb as of now, goal of 165lb. The hardest part in regards to my height and weight has been figuring out what a normal weight is. Growing up I felt bad I wasn't 110-130lbs like the rest of the girls I knew. Second would be how much it takes to lose a pants size. It's easy to hide weight creeping on when you're taller, but it also makes it take longer to have it show when you lose it.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    5'11 1/2, so a bit short but here I am. My starting weight was 305 and I'm now 157. The tough part is when you get smaller finding pants that actually fit you in the rise and inseam. It seems that pants that are designed for really tall women are always too long for me, LOL even though I am all leg. I just don't get it! I also wear a size 13 wide shoe so it's my whole frame that is big not just my weight.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    terakrantz wrote: »
    Tall women! My friends! I am 6'1ish.. almost 6
    2". I have lost 38 of a 128 lb goal and I can't see any differences yet! I think that's the hardest part. I can be the same size for nearly 60-70 lbs. Feel free to add me! I'd love to have other tall women to support and support me.

I know exactly how you feel. I have lost 32lbs and still wear the same size clothes lol they just feel a little looser. It can be so frustrating!
  • my58vw
    my58vw Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am 6'5" from a family off tall women and very tall guys... I am currently 329, and am trying to get down to 200... (or 129 pounds). I was 190 in college... then well...

Clothing is always a problem... but thankful for tall clothing stores...
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    5'11" here ladies..
    Sw 280lbs Cw 249. Would like to get to 214 as I'd drop into the overweight category. My tummy is shrinking but I don't look any different to me. I still wear U.K. Size 20/22 although they fit nicer. Nobody has noticed and I don't think they will for another 20lbs. Finding the journey long and slow but I don't actually mind as I'm very focused and to be honest I don't see any other way of eating now, and boy can I eat!! I was this weight 3 years ago and my knees knew I had gained! They were crunching, but I'm not sure if that's to do with being tall as they crunched when I was growing up as a teenager. I like being tall now, didn't as a kid, but tall slim people look stunning.. Good luck all X
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Another 6'1-er here.

SW 156kg / 345lb
    CW 99.7kg / 219lb
    GW 80kg / 175lb Although' I'm not sure if that will be the case though. I might keep going, I might stop earlier. Not sure, since my whole perception of having a large frame whilst I was obese was a little skewed. Very Cartman "I'm not fat, I'm big boned" kind of skewed.

It took me 25kg to drop a single pants size when I started (the whole paper towel effect *sigh* ), but then again I'm pear shaped, so it might not be the same for others. Boobs disappeared much quicker though :(
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Swivy3 wrote: »

If you don't mind me asking... What do people expect from tall women that is so different from others?

The issue is that even though we're taller with broader shoulders, bigger ribcages and wider hips than someone 5'5, not even taking into account physical weight, there's this expectation that we should still be the same size as them, and that it's easily achievable.

Obviously, not everyone thinks this way. It seems to be a general societal thing. I mean, if the Victoria's secret models can do it, why can't we? :s
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5'11''
    CW: 150
    GW: 140-145

And I agree with others; it takes a looong time to drop a pants size! Although this might work in my favor, because I don't really like to shop!