Shakeology, Day 1

Options
bjshields
bjshields Posts: 677 Member
Okay, so I signed up as a beachbody coach in March and am almost at the end of ChaLEAN Extreme. My own coach (you know who you are!) has been bugging me since I signed up to try Shakeology and has touted how amazing it makes her feel.

So -- I broke down and ordered it and started out today having one after lunch. I'm going to post again at the end of the month if it's really helped me slim down, feel better, have less cravings, etc,. like it's supposed to do.

And by the way, for those of you who don't know, Shakeology is a nutritional supplemental drink created by beachbody. The CEO of beachbody was told (while creating an amazing health & fitness company), "You eat like a second grader!" by his wife. He then decided to hire this guy to go all over the world and find the most amazing super-foods. Those foods made their way into the Shakeology recipe and are supposed to make you feel amazing, give you energy, and help you slim down. This is day one for me, so I'll get back to you on how I do with it and if it really helps in my health & fitness quest.

Anybody else tried it? Your results/experience with it? :smile:

Oh, and today I had a scoop of chocolate Shakeology mixed with a cup of milk, about a half a cup of water, cinammon & nutmeg. It tasted okay. Not Ben & Jerry's, but I wasn't expecting Ben & Jerry's!

Replies

• anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did a 3 day cleanse on "Shakeology" I ate 3 shakes a day and a lean protein (grilled chicken) at dinner. The second day it, ahem, 'cleansed,' and after day 3 I had lost 7 pounds. I gained 4 back once I started eating regularly but that was still a net loss of 3lbs so I was happy.

It tastes okay and it definitely needs to be drank cold.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of samples of Shakeology, and it just wasn't my thing... I did not enjoy it as I wanted to. My sister in law however, did get me into these shakes called ViSalus, and they're really yummy.
  • heathermomofthree
    heathermomofthree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in hearing more keep me posted! Good Luck!!!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    nasty shakes i have ever tried not worth the money
  • Deberlin88
    Deberlin88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I did a 3 day cleanse, as well. I thought the shakes tasted yummy & can't wait until I can become a coach and start drinking them daily!

I'm actually doing Chalene's 30 Day Organizational Challenge and my Push Goal is to be a Diamond BB Coach by this time next year. :)
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I tried a sample and I thought it was really gross =/ I drink Total Lean now which tastes lots better, just isn't as "nutritional". But a friend of mine just finished a month on Shakeology and ate super healthy and she said it was a waste of money for her. But other people swear by it!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I tried them and liked them. My husband didn't. Guess it just depends.

I will say that I drank one for breakfast two days in a row and both days I felt satisfied and more energetic throughout the whole day.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It's been a good fit for me too! I always say it was the easiest 10lbs I ever lost. I lost about 10lbs during the Lean phase of ChaLEAN Extreme when I decided to give Shakeology a go too.

I have had issues w/ other whey powders though and have had stomach issues w/ other protein powders due to various ingredients. I like that Shakeology is all natural, nothing artificial and it's easy for me to use each day. I was making my own smoothies w/ high grade whey, spirulina, cocoa nibs, etc... all while taking whole food vitamins and probiotics every day. As a busy mom it definitely helped me cut back on all of the above!

And when you stack Shakeology up to most other nutritional drinks on the market it blows them away. IDK... I'm known for occasionally grabbing a $3 coffee at Starbucks, or a sub at a nearby sub shop for $5 or a simple lunch at Panera for $8+, so to me Shakeology has been worth it. I'm a relatively clean eater and a bit of a food nut and nothing on the ingredient list made me flinch and I love that I don't have to worry about artificial ingredients, unnatural sugars or chemicals in it should my girls want a sip!! In fact, my 4yr old has a little glass w/ me almost every day. :D