Call of Duty- Black Ops Diet

Options
So I'm the girl that always had to have something going into my mouth or have my hands busy! I'd watch movies & munch away.

Around the time that I started using MFP I bought my hubby a PS3 video gamed called "Call of Duty - Black Ops"...Now I play, & I'm constantly using my hands for the controller (both hands!) so I don't feel the need to keep grabbing for food and munching away.

Honestly I think that's part of the reason I've lost weight, less eating because I started playing video games.

Anyone else have this experience? =P

Replies

• schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Nice job.....but be careful....video game addiction is serious too...can keep you from being active....my ex used to play like 8-10 hours a day....he started doing nothing else, so I booted his *kitten*! lol.....Find a good balance!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my kind of diet. :laugh:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    So I'm the girl that always had to have something going into my mouth or have my hands busy!

I'm sure you're very popular! :happy:
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    So I'm the girl that always had to have something going into my mouth or have my hands busy!

:laugh:
  • Maria_Goose
    Maria_Goose Posts: 247
    Options
    Actually, yes. I've found that when I haven't played some sort of video game in a while, I've gained weight. My game used to be Oblivion (and I've already got Skyrim reserved!). Then I was so busy studying I didn't have time to play anymore. Packed on some pounds. Now I play Dungeons and Dragons Online. I find I don't eat near as much. :)
  • PeteyRunsNow
    PeteyRunsNow Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sweet as long as you get out once in awhile,i play it too when im done with my running and when im ready to unwind.
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    Nice job.....but be careful....video game addiction is serious too...can keep you from being active....my ex used to play like 8-10 hours a day....he started doing nothing else, so I booted his *kitten*! lol.....Find a good balance!

That leaves 6-8 hours for other things. I fail to see the problem.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Don't worry, I have a 1yr old that keeps me up on my feet. Go for a walk almost every day & 30 Day Shred.
  • PeteyRunsNow
    PeteyRunsNow Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I too have skyrim reserved!!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options

:laugh:

LOL OMG I meant FOOD!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    My first thought reading about a video game diet was nothing but Doritos and Bawls! LOL

I stopped snacking once I started reading MFP all night long!
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much at all when I'm gaming--but i smoke more. Ugh! :sick:
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Sweet as long as you get out once in awhile,i play it too when im done with my running and when im ready to unwind.

You play black ops?
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    sweet! My kids go crazy with that game, I don't like first person. I personally like Socom but haven't been on lately... I need to! :bigsmile:

keep gaming and keep your hands busy but don't forget to get up and run or something... I know personally that you can get caught up and lose track of time! oh the memories!!! :laugh:
  • gnomenapper
    Options
    I played World of Warcraft for over 5 years....and honestly snacked on the worst foods the whole time. Not to mention all the pizza I ate, oi. I'm glad it's working for you though!
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yep, I lost weight the first 2 weeks we had our Wii. I am not good at the reg games like Mario and all that but I can beat everyone's pants off at boxing and sword fighting, lol!!!
  • zyle
    zyle Posts: 34
    Options
    I do the same thing, hate to get food on the xbox controller so I never eat when playing xbox. Bit of a nice distraction to keep from munching in front of the Telly
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Genius! :laugh:
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Yep, I lost weight the first 2 weeks we had our Wii. I am not good at the reg games like Mario and all that but I can beat everyone's pants off at boxing and sword fighting, lol!!!

I'll all for the old school nitendo & super mario brothers 3 lol....
    you know you're getting old when... you had to blow on video games to make them work when you were you haha jk
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    I played World of Warcraft for over 5 years....and honestly snacked on the worst foods the whole time. Not to mention all the pizza I ate, oi. I'm glad it's working for you though!

I played WoWcrack too. But we know MMOs don't count as real games. :P