Bariatric surgery process

Options
Bridgitta
Bridgitta Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everybody! I'm currently on my 6 month supervised diet before bariatric surgery. I've lost 11 lbs since march! It'd be nice to have more supportive followers so add me

Replies

• EazyDoesIt79
    EazyDoesIt79 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congrats on the progress!
  • Bridgitta
    Options
    Awesome, congrats on the progress!

Thank you! :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!!
  • EazyDoesIt79
    Options
    Find request sent
  • Bridgitta
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You are doing great!!

Thank you! It hasn't been easy
  • EazyDoesIt79
    Options
    *friend
  • chgonzalez1978
    chgonzalez1978 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve in March of 2015. I've lost 130 lbs since then. Happy to help in any way. Feel free to add me
  • gymjunkie0204
    gymjunkie0204 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good luck in the process :) I was sleeved May 2015 and abdominalplasty February 2016. If I can help in any way feel free to reach out. Wish you the best!
  • Bridgitta
    Options
    Good luck in the process :) I was sleeved May 2015 and abdominalplasty February 2016. If I can help in any way feel free to reach out. Wish you the best!

Thank you!!
  • Bridgitta
    Options
    I had my sleeve in March of 2015. I've lost 130 lbs since then. Happy to help in any way. Feel free to add me

Awesome! Congrats on the weigh loss!
  • curvylicious369
    curvylicious369 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had my sleeve surgery about a week ago. I'm down 17 lbs since then, and down 62 lbs from my high weight. I can't wait to get my drain out so I can move more.

Congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • lunaticfish7
    lunaticfish7 Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hello! I'm starting my 6 month pre-op for the RXY! (349 lbs, 5'8) As least I am pretty sure I'm going with the RXY, maybe I'll do sleeve? As you can see, I'm very early on. However, both my parents and my sister had it done (my family's genes are brutal) with really good success back when I was a teen, so I'm familiar with it! I'd love to join the group, since I hate journaling- hopefully it will help me succeed! :blush:
  • VSGAng
    VSGAng Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I am in the process of getting ready for the gastric sleeve. I am on the pre op diet already even tho I don't have a surgery date yet. My primary dr wanted me to go ahead and start as the labs showed I am diabetic now and my liver enzymes are up. So far so good with following it. Ingredients to avoid: sugar, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup. Foods to avoid: bread, potatoes, corn, pasta, rice, quinoa, cookes, candy, chops, crackers, oatmeal, fruit, calorie drinks, alcohol, breaded or fried foods.

I have been through the clearances and just waiting to be called about surgery. The only thing I am not totally sure about is whether or not they will want me to do another EGD. That depends if the one I had done was not recent or informative enough. So, hopefully I will know soon if i need another EGD and have an actual date for my surgery soon. I am self pay so I didn't have to to do the 6 months medically supervised diet. But they did still send me for clearances and things which I am glad of... This isn't something I want them to just rush and do.... So I am glad they are checking me out thoroughly first.

I am just looking for a group of people going through the same thing as I am to share with. I hope everyone is doing well in their process. I am excited and a bit nervous but mostly just happy to be getting my life back! I can't wait to feel better and take a shower and not be worn out or in pain from doing too much in a day.

How is everyone doing and how far along in the process are you??