Best fitness tracker?

Options
cbstig
cbstig Posts: 17 Member
I want to get a fitness tracker and have been researching lately. They all seem to have flaws when reading reviews. What's working for you and why? I'm thinking of waiting for the Apple Watch 2 to come out and just go with that.

Replies

• lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I have a fit bit. It works well but never sync's right with MFP.
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i bought a Garmin Vivosmart HR and I love it! It syncs great with my phone and with MFP. I have had nothing but good things to say about it.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I've had a Soleus GO and a Fitbit Charger [current fitness tracker]. I like the Fitbit more since it syncs with the Fitbit app without bluetooth issues. It also tracks sleep a lot better than the Soleus GO.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Another Vivosmart HR fan here, does everything I want it to with good battery life and ease of use - the apple watch uses the phone's motion processors for steps etc, when I looked into it I couldn't justify the spend on what is essentially a dumb terminal for my phone.
    Whatever you get it'll be worthwhile, even more so if you have the HR capability.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and it's awesome. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but the calorie burn seems pretty accurate and it's also accurate with my steps.
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge HR and my boyfriend has the Garmin Vivosmart, we both like them. The Garmin's sleep tracker is way nicer, but I wanted the heart rate monitor. I like the Fitbit community and challenges, my BF isn't really into that so I don't know how they are on the Garmin. Nice thing about the Garmin is that it doesn't need to be charged.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Garmin Fenix 3 HR. Love it. Everything from step tracking to turn by turn directions on my bike.
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have had two Fitbits - I like them because they are so light weight. I have the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 watch which I like because you have a choice of many trackers in the apps but you need an android phone & doesn't connect with Apple. It is great for a tracker but it is heavy compared to the Fitbit. Samsung is more sensitive though to movement cuz if I hang my arm out of the car window on a long trip I get steps that I didn't walk.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I like my Garmin Vivosmart HR. It is one of the few trackers that can go swimming.
  • wilbudl
    wilbudl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Charge for a little over a year, and the band basically fell apart. It was after the warranty expired, but Fitbit gave me a link to save 30% on a new Fitbit. I elected to go with the Garmin Vivofit 3. Very similar to the Charge, but the band is replaceable. I would rate them both about the same. IMHO
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    cabwj wrote: »
    I like my Garmin Vivosmart HR. It is one of the few trackers that can go swimming.

I'd like to add that I bought the Garmin Vivosmart last fall. It failed while still under the one year warranty. Garmin gave me $150 credit towards a new Garmin product (even though I only paid $122 for my original one). No questions asked. It cost me $2.45 to ship my old one back to them and they promptly sent me the Vivosmart HR which I chose with the $150 credit. An excellent customer service experience.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    BaconSan2 wrote: »
    I have had two Fitbits - I like them because they are so light weight. I have the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 watch which I like because you have a choice of many trackers in the apps but you need an android phone & doesn't connect with Apple. It is great for a tracker but it is heavy compared to the Fitbit. Samsung is more sensitive though to movement cuz if I hang my arm out of the car window on a long trip I get steps that I didn't walk.

They all get some kind of steps you didn't take, and/or miss some legit ones. The other night I was about 1,000 steps below my goal when my girlfriend and I went to bed, but I hit my goal before we fell asleep. :smile:
  • conners_eag
    conners_eag Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love my Apple Watch. Been a major motivator for me!
  • ckwilson254
    ckwilson254 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what all you want it to do. I have had two fitbits and they both broke. They are not waterproof and I don't take my watch off to shower. So if you get a fitbit beware to remove before shower. I have had other types and brands but the one I have now is the best I have had. It's a Garmin Forerunner 920 XT. It is a triathlon watch that is GPS when you want and a tracker as well. It needs charged I would say every 2-3 weeks. Look around.
  • elizadfree
    elizadfree Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivofit. It doesn't have an HR tracker but I love it regardless. Fairly accurate, waterproof, and *technically* can track other sports, though mine doesn't. It's great for running, walking, and sleeping (tracks it like a charm!), and I never need to take it off to shower or to charge it. The battery apparently lasts about a year. I'd buy it again in a minute, but I'd buy the compatible HR chest band with it so I could more accurately track spin classes and the like.
  • MsLadyTAW
    MsLadyTAW Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch is a great tracker synced through the health app. I use Cyclemeter to track just about every outdoor sport (except kayaking because water and electronics don't play well together), Yoga, Fitness Point for my gym time, a 7 minute workout app for business travel, and a few others. They all sync well with MFP though the watch and my iphone. None of them are prefect, and the wrist heart rate is not as accurate as a chest band, but you can buy an external blue tooth band--if heart rate measurement is important to your health goals. I find myself going up and down on my tracker usage as the number one goal is to get out and move and there are days when I don't care to measure what I did. Sometimes the electronic tracking motivates me and there are times when I find it too much of a pain to deal with. The worst con with the older model Apple watch is that you have to have the iphone with you to measure.