Looking for a healthy and delicious meatloaf recipe

Options
Taneil27
Taneil27 Posts: 253
I've tried so many healthy versions and they never come out that great. I'd really like to use ground turkey in place of beef too. Anyone have any recipes they would like to share with me? :smile:

Replies

• myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey
    zesta crackers or bread crumbs (like the kind you buy at the store)
    pizza sauce
    an egg,
    spices that you like
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many healthy versions and they never come out that great. I'd really like to use ground turkey in place of beef too. Anyone have any recipes they would like to share with me? :smile:

I actually just came back from the store to get all the stuff for turkey meatloaf =P Forgot the pizza sauce heh, it's pretty important (i think).
  • crysmiss86
    crysmiss86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/salsa-chicken-meatloaf/detail.aspx

by far my favorite. You don't have to put the cheese in it either and I used turkey meat instead of chicken. I forgot the cheese when I made it, and it was just as good. My only suggestion, make sure you mix it up really good, otherwise there are times you are just eating the croutons.
  • Taneil27
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/salsa-chicken-meatloaf/detail.aspx

by far my favorite. You don't have to put the cheese in it either and I used turkey meat instead of chicken. I forgot the cheese when I made it, and it was just as good. My only suggestion, make sure you mix it up really good, otherwise there are times you are just eating the croutons.

That sounds delicious, thanks!! Do you use all turkey meat, or do you put the ground pork in?
  • Taneil27
    Options
    Ground turkey
    zesta crackers or bread crumbs (like the kind you buy at the store)
    pizza sauce
    an egg,
    spices that you like

Sounds good, and easy! Thank you ;)
  • fidelgarcia
    fidelgarcia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can also substitute fiber one cereal pulsed in a food processor instead of bread crumbs- lower in calories and greater in fiber.
  • warren1990
    Options
    South Beach Homestyle Turkey Meatloaf with Mushrooms and beans. Made it tonight and its pretty good
  • c00ncc
    c00ncc Posts: 55
    Options
    Found this recipe... gonna try it.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
    Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutesIngredients:
    •1 lb. 96% lean ground beef
    •1/2 cup chopped onion
    •1/2 cup chopped green pepper
    •1 cup dried breadcrumbs
    •1/2 cup ketchup, divided
    •2 Tbsp dijon mustard
    •2 egg whites, lightly beaten
    •dash of ground black pepper
    Preparation:
    1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.

2. Reserve 2 tablespoons of ketchup.

3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients until well-mixed.

4. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Shape the meat mixture into a loaf using your hands, and place in the loaf pan. Top with the remaining ketchup.

5. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the middle is completely cooked through.

6. Remove the meatloaf from the oven, and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.

Serves 6

Per Serving Calories 199
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump ! = )
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I LOVE meatloaf. Im going to try some of these!