What to do from home?

Options
Hi I'm a female, 5'3. Maybe 140.. I stay home with my twins who are almost two. I need help establishing a workout plan. A specific one. I need tips on diet too.. I'm just so lost now, and really need some support and lots of advice. I just can't do crunches due to severe ab separation. Thank you for helping me!!

Replies

• monique2797
    monique2797 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Standing crunches? Choosing foods you like and cut in half to start you off. Drinking glass of ice water before you eat each meal or snack. Full faster.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can find tons of at-home workouts on the internet. Fitness Blender seems to be really popular among MFP members. I use the Nike+ Training app on my iphone. It's got tons of really good workouts based on goals, skill level etc.
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two. I just use a work out dvd and a couple of Dumbbells. YouTube is really good I like Jillian Michaels.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender on YouTube is really good for a wide range of workouts, they have loads of low impact ones which are good for me for joint reasons.
  • GonzoMcG
    GonzoMcG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Another vote for fitness blender. I have to stick to low impact, because living on a boat and jumping around don't go hand in hand, but there are still plenty of workouts I can do for days when I can't make it to the gym.
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I feel woefully inadequate to advise a mother of twins, as one 2-year-old can take me to the brink of insanity. But I found a couple of links to mothers of twins who try to stay fit. I hope these are helpful to you:
    -- tonedaftertwins.com/
    -- twiniversity.com/2015/06/how-to-prioritize-exercise-as-a-busy-twin-mom/

May I borrow a phrase from the military?
    "Thank you for your service!"
    Your service of raising healthy babies benefits all of us.
    <<hugs>>
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If you want to try different videos, go to the library and take out a few different ones to try. That's how I figured out what I liked, and who I liked, and then bought the ones I enjoyed.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    youtube has a lot of workout.. I use to use fitness Blender alot also taebo..etc Just have to try them out and see what works for you. Good Luck.
  • lauracm126
    lauracm126 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A great in home workout is hula hooping. I got a 3 lb fitness hoop on amazon. 10 minutes of hooping (I like to do it in front of the tv) is equivalent to running a 10 minute mile
  • classypony
    classypony Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    lauracm126 wrote: »
    A great in home workout is hula hooping. I got a 3 lb fitness hoop on amazon. 10 minutes of hooping (I like to do it in front of the tv) is equivalent to running a 10 minute mile

I second this! I purchased a 2.5 lb hula hoop and do 2,000 - 3,000 revolutions at a time for a great cardio workout before I lift weights. Gets my muscles warmed, heart rate up and makes me feel fabulous! Like lauracm126 I usually do it in front of the tv ;0)
  • i_ge_w94
    i_ge_w94 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    flex , fitness blender, youtube all have loads of free workouts you can do from home + don't need equipment for!
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You could get the Kayla Itsines bikini body guide (it's like $60 or free off pirate bay), I haven't used it personally because I prefer the gym but I see her result posts all over Instagram.
  • kkaltoiiee
    kkaltoiiee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All suggestions before me are great so do them.

I'd also like to add that I use my children as my weight sometimes. When push ups get too easy, have a kid sit on your back. Things like that. I search a lot of at-home-small-space-workouts on pinterest and youtube. There are a TON out there and you'll be fit in no time!

Also, walking can drop the weight nicely! Throw the twins in a jogging stroller and walk 5 miles/day at a nice pace.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    http://jessicasmithtv.com/ - lots of different workout options