Ground turkey meat

Options
Does anyone have ideas on how to make this taste better? I'm trying to eat healthier and frankly I don't like eating ground turkey. Lunch meat and thanksgiving turkeys I love just not ground.

Replies

• ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I actually compared the calories and fat to super lean ground beef and was shocked that the turkey was higher in fat! I still do use it though...mostly in tacos.
  • melindalamb
    Options
    I use ground turkey meat in chili. I season it with spices too, if I cook it by itself.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i used it in hamburger helper, just used turkey instead
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you mix in some chilli paste then it tastes like sausage, but be careful because chilli paste is very spicy. I usually do that when I'm browning it for a meat sauce or if I'm making burgers.
  • bprolfsen
    bprolfsen Posts: 2
    Options
    It's a good substitute for ground beef in meatloaf.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    A lot of times I mix mine half and half with extra lean ground beef. If I use it plain, I add beef broth and garlic.
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    I think it's best in something seasoned like tacos, chili, or casseroles. Turkey bacon is really good too if you can get past the initial look of it (it looks so fake lol!). But I'm with ya, I really don't like ground turkey for things like hamburgers or maid-rites, just not the same as ground beef.
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It is leaner than ground beef if you buy the 93/7 the other has the skin and dark meat ground into it. Ground chicken is another great alternative, and if you can get the butcher to grind the breast for you. I find the 93/7 to be moist but the 99% very dry. if you add veggies to it like for say meatloaf it keeps it moist. But I like the 93/7 best
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    and the Honeysuckle white ground turkey sausage and links are yummy!