Feeling disappointed

Options
Hey everyone,
I've been doing my calories right and exersising with a pt plus on my own & I don't seem to be losing weight. I feel like my clothes are fitting better but I want to see some kg's falling off! Feeling frustrated and wondering how many weeks before I see some change. Thanks!

Replies

• Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Weights just a number. Whether it's 55 or 65 who cares. Go by measurements and how you look and feel. People get so obsessed by the scales it makes me annoyed.
    Why is a particular number a good or bad number? Too many anomalies can effect the scales. Get measuring and say good bye to scale stress. Best thing you'll do!
  • ballyshea
    ballyshea Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    amararc81 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I've been doing my calories right and exersising with a pt plus on my own & I don't seem to be losing weight. I feel like my clothes are fitting better but I want to see some kg's falling off! Feeling frustrated and wondering how many weeks before I see some change. Thanks!

How long have you been trying?
  • amararc81
    amararc81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been trying for months with diet but just got into intense workouts over the last month which is an amazing feeling! Felt much better last night as clothes were fitting better but still no kgs! Lol In fact ive gained weight! Oh dear, might be time to chuck those scales. This has gotta be muscle right!? Thanks for getting back to me
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? Sometimes with the extra exercise your body holds on to water for your muscles. Increase your water intake and see how that goes. Good luck
  • gregsbutler13
    gregsbutler13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Water is a huge part of losing weight. Are you currently exercising? How many calories are you eating a day?
  • amararc81
    Options
    Good point, water is not a strong point & I could be drinking more. I was on 1200 cal but now 1400 cause I train 3 times a week with a Crossfit pt & at least 20min cardio work outs on the other days at home. Friday & Sunday I take it easy but I'm still active with 3 kids & lots of animals to walk etc. I'm seeing definition but no weight loss... Maybe time to force that water down!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you're looking better and your clothes fit better why does it matter what the scales say? No one can see that number!
  • amararc81
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm probably being impatient cause I've always been able to take weight off pretty fast doing what I'm doing. I usually drop kgs in the first week but not this time.. I guess that's why I'm focused on scale so much. Probably an age thing too.. Gets harder. I really appreciate everyone's input, it's nice to touch base with people when feeling frustrated
  • amararc81
    Options
    Oh & I never eat my exercise cals! That would just be silly.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Oh & I never eat my exercise cals! That would just be silly.

why?

MFP is set up so you eat them back, otherwise you need a TDEE calculation.
  • amararc81
    Options
    Well, I eat enough according to this app.. & the exercise I do is to help lose the weight so I don't see the point in eating my hard work if my cals are sufficient. I know it's set up like that but it doesn't let u log your food intake if you're under so I think I'm following it all correctly.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Well, I eat enough according to this app.. & the exercise I do is to help lose the weight so I don't see the point in eating my hard work if my cals are sufficient. I know it's set up like that but it doesn't let u log your food intake if you're under so I think I'm following it all correctly.

you should eat back exercise cals because the deficit is in your daily allowance BEFORE exercise, which means you will still lose weight if you eat them back. there is such thing as too much of a deficit, as you may not be fueling your body adequately and not getting the nutrients that your body needs.

this of course is all caveat-ed by the fact that you need to be accurate in your logging of food and exercise to ensure you're not overestimating calorie burn.