Your AMAZING body - yes YOURS!!!

delightedin
delightedin Posts: 49
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
Last night my fiance kissed me goodnight after another day of yo-yo emotions connected with my body (which normally go from utterly repulsed to feeling OK about it, but never really accepting, let alone loving it), and he said "You know, I don't care if you lose no weight before our wedding, I don't care if you put on 100 lbs, I love you just the way you are, and I wouldn't change you for the world. The only thing I would, if I could, would be for you to love yourself, for you to see your body the way I see it, and the way God sees it."

It left me thinking, and today, as I was lying in bed this morning I started to be very aware of my heartbeat. I was thinking about how it took the blood all around my body, then I got to thinking how the body fights disease and the amazing intricate ways in which all the parts are connected. Then I got to thinking about how it handles the stuff we put into it - think about it - the fat, the sugar, the salt. Your body deals with it all for you. It works hard to get what it needs to fix itself, to stay healthy. I started to think of my body as the thing God has given me to live on this planet in, and as I did so, I started crying. It's beautiful. There's so much more to it than FAT. There's an intricate array of cells and organs all designed to keep me moving about in this world. It does what it can with what I give it and the amount of exercise I chose to (or chose not to) put it through.

Your body only does what you tell it to. If you want it to be nice and rounded, sit on the sofa. It thinks you want more padding. If you want more muscle, ask it nicely, by getting it working. If you want to feel more alive, to have more energy, choose nice things to put into it so it won't have to work so hard in getting rid of the crap.

And most of all, love it. It's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart:

Replies

• Last night my fiance kissed me goodnight after another day of yo-yo emotions connected with my body (which normally go from utterly repulsed to feeling OK about it, but never really accepting, let alone loving it), and he said "You know, I don't care if you lose no weight before our wedding, I don't care if you put on 100 lbs, I love you just the way you are, and I wouldn't change you for the world. The only thing I would, if I could, would be for you to love yourself, for you to see your body the way I see it, and the way God sees it."

It left me thinking, and today, as I was lying in bed this morning I started to be very aware of my heartbeat. I was thinking about how it took the blood all around my body, then I got to thinking how the body fights disease and the amazing intricate ways in which all the parts are connected. Then I got to thinking about how it handles the stuff we put into it - think about it - the fat, the sugar, the salt. Your body deals with it all for you. It works hard to get what it needs to fix itself, to stay healthy. I started to think of my body as the thing God has given me to live on this planet in, and as I did so, I started crying. It's beautiful. There's so much more to it than FAT. There's an intricate array of cells and organs all designed to keep me moving about in this world. It does what it can with what I give it and the amount of exercise I chose to (or chose not to) put it through.

Your body only does what you tell it to. If you want it to be nice and rounded, sit on the sofa. It thinks you want more padding. If you want more muscle, ask it nicely, by getting it working. If you want to feel more alive, to have more energy, choose nice things to put into it so it won't have to work so hard in getting rid of the crap.

And most of all, love it. It's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Well said!!!!

You are very lucky to have your fiance. I am so happy for you. But I have to argue a point with you. I think it was you that said in an earlier post that you had found the most wonderful man in the world. Well we must be with the same guy cuz my husband is the most wonderful man in the world. LOL.

I am very happy for you and congrats on the upcoming wedding!!! You are going to make a beautiful bride!!!!! My anniversary is in August!!! We are going on 16 wonderful years!!!

Memaw
  • Thankyou and congratulations for all those years with a wonderful man!! !!! Every princess deserves one after all. :-)
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    You have a smart fiance' (both because he chose you and because he has such a good heart and mind).
    What you said is so true. We take our bodies for granted, or abuse them, or ignore them...and yet, they keep on keeping on for us.
    What a great thing that everyone on this site has decided to think about it and treat it the way it deserves to be treated....and hopefully we'll all learn to love it in the process.
    It really isn't our enemy, and it really isn't "ugly", "repulsive", "disgusting"....you fill in the blank. It is YOU. And you deserve to be happy, healthy and well nourished.
    Thanks for the insights and for the reminder.
    Cowboy
    P.S. My wonderful, beautiful wife and I have been together going on twenty-three years. She is the most wonderful woman on earth!
  • Dear Delight --

Wonderful! Thank you!

Dee
  • Thank you for reminding me! Your right our bodies are incredible masterpieces created by God. He keeps our hearts beating, our complex brains working,....what an incredible gift life is!
    And yet, we tend to take better care of material things (cars, homes) even our pets than we do of ourselves. How ungrateful we can be.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.