Advice?

GreatSetOfBrains
GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
edited 11:43AM in Health and Weight Loss
Three questions. .

1. What is the best advice you've been given for you journy?
2. What is the best advice you can give to others?
3. What is the worst advice you've heard or be given?

I'm curious. . .

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    1. Take rest days.
    2. Don't give up even when you really, really want to. The results are worth the pain.
    3. Just stop eating.
  • dande27
    dande27 Posts: 4
    1. Stay committed, if you miss a day start the very next
    2. You didn't gain all the weight in one day so it won't come off in one day
    3. A pound of fat weighs less than a pound of muscle - a pound is a pound!!!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Three questions. .

1. What is the advice you've been given for you journy?
    2. What is the bed advice you can give to others?

I'm curious. . .

Spelling a grammer are important to communicate........

2. The bed advice I can give is go to bed early and often..... and usually bring someone (Seriously... eat most of your exercise calories if you work out a lot or you will go into starvation mode and plateau. It happened to me).
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Three questions. .

1. What is the advice you've been given for you journy?
    2. What is the bed advice you can give to others?

I'm curious. . .

Spelling a grammer are important to communicate........

2. The bed advice I can give is go to bed early and often..... and usually bring someone (Seriously... eat most of your exercise calories if you work out a lot or you will go into starvation mode and plateau. It happened to me).

Haha Yeah that is what I get for having my little sister type it up while I load the dish washer lol. I edited it!
  • Three questions. .

1. What is the best advice you've been given for you journy?
    2. What is the best advice you can give to others?

I'm curious. . .

1.That is ok to mess up, to fall down, as long as i try my hardest to get back up
    2.That is a life style, not a diet
    3.Someone close to me said i should just eat nothing, im so fat anyway my body will just eat it self
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    1)be patient:you did not gain weight overnight and you will not loose it overnight.

2) learn how to lose weight in a healty way by researching information and educating yourself.

3)weight yourself everyday :/
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    - Do what works for my body. What works for one person may not work for me.

- Be patient and relax. There is no miracle cure, its not going to happen overnight, and there will be alot of hard work before you get where you want to be.

- "Of course Diet coke counts as water"
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    1. Don't cheat yourself - and I'm not saying don't cheat on your diet. That's OK so long as you're honest with yourself about what you're doing and don't over do it. Log everything, every day.

2. Cardio exercise burns off fat and is good for your cardiovascular system, but strength training is every bit as important - especially for reforming couch potatoes in their late 50s (like me) and others who are seriously out of shape. Do both. Otherwise you may find yourself feeling like you're stuck at the bottom of a ladder that you can't climb because several rungs are missing.

3. "Do tons of cardio and don't eat your exercise calories. You'll lose weight faster." Sounds like great advice if you don't know what crash diets do to your metabolism. Or what happens when they end.
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    1. Take a cheat day
    2. Don't be so hard on your self when you gain a little weight, or hit a plateau. There's no need to be discouraged. Take the time to remember how far you've come. Think of your first plateau as "starting over" look for new interesting foods, and exercise routines. You lost weight the first time doing something new, how do you think it'll happen after that?
    3. Artificial sweeteners are OK. ( As a chemistry student I've always known WHY they're so bad.. so i just can NOT stand when people try to justify it)
This discussion has been closed.