Anyone have a birthday in November and would like to see how far we get?

Options
My birthday present to myself is seeing how much I can come along between me a few weeks back til my birthday on November 18. I'm eating whole foods mostly a paleo based diet with a cheat meal once a week to keep me sane ;) and working out a few days a week. I would love to have someone else in the same boat as me and where we can see how we progress together!

Replies

• msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm of the same mindset. My birthday is in October, and I can't help but want to look and be the healthiest version of myself. So it actually means a lot to me to lose the rest of the weight by then, and the clock is ticking. I have literally no room to put it off, everyday counts.

To me losing the weight is like the shedding of skin. I get to start all over and move forward, instead of being weighed down by the weight and the reason I gained it in the first place. I'm more motivated everyday!
  • ilovefastcarstoo
    ilovefastcarstoo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's awesome ! I'm happy you are finally putting yourself and health first. Reaching your goal will be amazing once you accomplish it. I've reached goals lately and this one I've always wanted. I can't wait to be a happier healthier version of me. If you need motivation on YouTube I love this guy. His screen name is fat meets fire.
  • msalicia116
    Options
    I follow him on Instagram! He looks amazing. How much do you want to lose by October? Then November?
  • ilovefastcarstoo
    Options
    I weigh 163 since last Wednesday. I don't do well weighing myself everyday so I'm going to stick with weighing every Wednesday once a week. I would be happy to lose 10 lbs. I am looking to tone my body as I go with weightlifting. I haven't really incorporated exercise until recently so I'm looking forward to seeing faster results. I don't have a set number by my birthday but my goal is to just see how well I can look and feel by then. I going to get my teeth whitened and I'm growing my hair out. I've been focusing on reading and learning more so it's not just a weight loss goal but it's a big part of it. What about you?
  • msalicia116
    Options
    I have already learned so much since I joined MFP, and it feels like the more I'm here the more I know that the results will last. I just look at the whole process differently. And like you, I realized weighing once a week is much better for moral and consistency.

I started adding exercise when I got my Fitbit, the 4th of July. That was a game changer for me! I love how it has made me feel, look, and how much better I sleep. I also am more aware of inches than the scale number. I mean, this is night and day thinking from before.

I would love to lose 10 lbs by my birthday as well, but I take 1 day at a time and just focus on whether I reached my daily activity goal, and if I'm at my desired deficit. The rest will fall into place :)
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in November. :) Even if I don't lose another pound, I'm stronger and fitter than I've ever been. I don't follow a diet, really. Just trying to live a healthy life. But I wouldn't mind getting a bit closer to my weight goal by my birthday!
  • mkroberts118
    mkroberts118 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We share the same birthday! Go us! I'm trying to get back on track with my health and fitness. A birthday challenge is just what I need to get motivated right now!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'll try it! I'd love to be at my goal weight for a birthday gift to myself.
  • ilovefastcarstoo
    Options
    Go us! I've never really been in good shape all my life and it's something that I would really love to achieve and attain. I probably won't be at my goal by my birthday given the amount of time and where I'm at but at my heaviest I was 250 before I gave birth to my daughter. I've come a long way since then. I will be 27 November 18 and would love to see this change in my life as I have been reaching other goals in other areas. I weigh 163 now. I find this site as well as other YouTube channels very inspiring and motivating. Plus all of you make it that much easier and it's cool to see where other people have started and where they can be after hard work and dedication. My birthday just makes me focus more on my goals knowing that I would love to have a new size and outfit by then and be able to have more energy and confidence. I would love to have some of you guys to be able to see where we'll be by then and on. It will be an amazing feeling once you hit your goal!
  • sienainthesun
    sienainthesun Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Howdy! We have the same birthday and the same current weight. I am also aiming to be healthier by the time Nov 18 rolls around. I am good at staying active - running and hiking primarily - but want to incorporate some strength training. Also trying to get my eating cleaner. I am trying to get in more unprocessed vegetables and fruits and more fish.

• Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have a birthday in November and it's the big 40! I dropped about 16 pounds a few years ago and have been slowly putting it back on to the point where I'm nearly back at my original weight. :(

So, I've got a short term goal for the next four weeks to lose at least 4 pounds but a longer term goal for November would be great.

I'm finding it tough having started a stressful new job where I'm either working from home (very sedentary) or travelling and doing long hours (tired, lots of tempting junk food).

Still, I have been going to yoga or pilates at least twice/ three times a week for the past wee while so that's something positive. Time to consider upping the intensity a bit?! Eek!

And of course cutting out my beloved wine and high calorie snacks. :( Oh well, onwards and downwards.

Anyone who wants to add me is welcome!
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My birthday is November 23rd and I am hoping to reach my goal weight by then. I was 190 and have 17 more pounds to lose.
  • rosbd
    rosbd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My Birthday is 18th November too! I have lost 53lbs and have another 24 to lose. Would love to lose it by my birthday but I am a really slow loser but I will try
  • ilovefastcarstoo
    Options
    That's so cool we have the same birthday! We should all keep in touch somehow. I would like to have some friends that help keep me on track and I can help them vice versa. I would like to see where we are once November 18 comes. That gives me even more motivation :)) feel free to add me on here.
  • ilovefastcarstoo
    Options
    I have a birthday in November and it's the big 40! I dropped about 16 pounds a few years ago and have been slowly putting it back on to the point where I'm nearly back at my original weight. :(

So, I've got a short term goal for the next four weeks to lose at least 4 pounds but a longer term goal for November would be great.

I'm finding it tough having started a stressful new job where I'm either working from home (very sedentary) or travelling and doing long hours (tired, lots of tempting junk food).

Still, I have been going to yoga or pilates at least twice/ three times a week for the past wee while so that's something positive. Time to consider upping the intensity a bit?! Eek!

And of course cutting out my beloved wine and high calorie snacks. :( Oh well, onwards and downwards.

Anyone who wants to add me is welcome!

I'm sorry you're feeling stressed. This weightless journey is hard but I know it will be worth it. You just have to want it bad enough. You'll have to make lots of sacrifices and be able to say no. But you are worth it :) don't let little slip ups stop you from reaching your ultimate goal. You can do it!
  • ilovefastcarstoo
    Options
  • nhljim
    nhljim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    November 29th here and would love to see the underside of 200 again! Under 1400 Calories/day and as a Homebrewer I won't allow a beer unless I work out for it...lol...1 mile one beer; 2 miles two beers...

Feel free to add as a friend for support!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, @ilovefastcarstoo :) I'm feeling quite motivated today - had a yummy healthy lunch and got a healthy dinner planned... I think as I long as I stay focussed I can do this!

Let's keep chatting for the next few months to keep going together. :)
  • AlMonkey
    AlMonkey Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    i'll be 29 on nov 23. It is hitting pretty hard that i've wasted my 20s being overweight! I'm in for seeing how far we can come by our November birthdays.
  • Hemo0
    Hemo0 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    nhljim wrote: »
    November 29th here and would love to see the underside of 200 again! Under 1400 Calories/day and as a Homebrewer I won't allow a beer unless I work out for it...lol...1 mile one beer; 2 miles two beers...

Feel free to add as a friend for support!

I like how you reward yourself for progress