sweet potato fries....yes or no?

Options
just had Alexia All Natural Spicy Sweet Potato Fries and they were EXCELLENT!!!! Just wondering if these are good for you or not? Can I use them every now and then as a side dish? My fiance even loved them!

1 serving: 130 cals, 4 fat, 0 saturated fat, 250mg sodium, 23 carbs, 3 fiber, 7 sugars, 1 protein

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I say yes! I love sweet potato fries. ^_^
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not sure but I like them !!! So I will vote YES
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Sweet potato fries are the shizzle.

I make mine from scratch.

Just buy a sweet potato and cut it into fries and bake them! We use Mrs.Dash seasoning (low sodium/no cals).
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato fries are the shizzle.

I make mine from scratch.

Just buy a sweet potato and cut it into fries and bake them! We use Mrs.Dash seasoning (low sodium/no cals).

Ditto. Yum. Wish I had a sweet potato on hand.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I'm a believer that anything in moderation is okay. And, I love sweet potato fries!
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    I just had them for dinner. I eat them at least once a week. I like the sweet potato fries better than regular fries because they naturally taste good and you don't have to dip them into anything. You can also make them from scratch and shave some of the calories off but not that much to make a huge difference.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I think they are a relatively neutral food: 0 saturated fat, but they do have 3 g monounsaturated. . . which *may* promote insulin resistance... but may also promote healthier serum lipids.

So - blah blah blah nutrition... all in all, not a terrible choice. Especially for fries!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I eat that brand of sweet potato fries and haven't had any problems with them. I also eat sweet potatoes almost daily. LOOOOOVE EM!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    They sound good to me! Homemade is the best. Careful of fast food sweet potato fries though, they are NOT good!
  • emichan21
    emichan21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOVE this brand! It's organic, it's a great veggie for you (beta carotene, etc), it tastes great! How can you lose? Only if you eat too many. : )
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    They are good for you! I make them homemade so I know all the ingredients, but they are yummy and full of vitamins and fiber so just watch portion size and then you should be ok.
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I
    FREAKIN
    LOVE
    THEM.
    i eat them everyday basically
    :DDDDDDDDD
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potato anything. The trick is, when it comes to fries, to bake instead of fry. Then you're fine. Still high cal. but better for you overall than regular.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Blech, I never liked Sweet Potato. Just tastes so.. bland. I dunno, just don't like 'em. Nowadays I try to stay away from regular fries too.