Food Database Mistakes on MFP

Options
Has anyone else notice mistakes for nutrition info in the food database on MFP? I put in rice pilaf rice-a-roni today and who ever put it in didnt put in the right calories. Is there a way to edit it with out making a whole new entry in the database?

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    yea if you click nutritional info and it asks you, correct, incorrect, or i don't know. Click incorrect and then edit
  • chrisfnet
    chrisfnet Posts: 83
    Options
    Yeah, that's happening a lot. It's annoying trying to remember which one is actually correct when there are about 12 different entries for the same thing.
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank You!!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Some people just add a little of the info. But also food changes, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PIZZA GETS SMALLER AND THE COMPANY CLAIMS IT'S TO SAVE THE CUSTOMER MONEY!!! No I think they are just cheap and don't believe people are paying attention. I think it's just our job to pay attention. I always go in and correct it. But I don't have to that often. I think the only things guaranteed in life are really taxes and death. LOL:laugh:
  • GypsyWildflower
    Options
    I've noticed that an awful lot. It is frustrating sometimes, especially when there are multiples of one food and most are wrong. I think once one has so many confirmations, it should be the only one posted, with the option for a user to report it has changed.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that an awful lot. It is frustrating sometimes, especially when there are multiples of one food and most are wrong. I think once one has so many confirmations, it should be the only one posted, with the option for a user to report it has changed.
    Thing is some products are different in different countries or even regions in some cases, so the differences are *sometimes* legitimate.