What does your work lunch usually look like?

Options
13»

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    My company provides lunch for all employees every day. And, not like ordering pizza...this is a full buffet with an amazing salad bar, soup, several entrees and sides, etc. prepared by in-house professional chefs. It's a nice benefit, but you have to be careful. Working here is how I gained weight in the first place.

So, now every day for lunch I hit the salad bar. It's really good, so my go-to salad is romaine, peas, broccoli, olives, artichoke hearts, zucchini, grilled chicken, dried cranberries, and honey mustard dressing. This every day has helped me stay at a calorie deficit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I almost always have leftovers from dinner the previous night. Today I'm having jambalaya. If I don't have leftovers, I will get a salad from Chipotle or a hummus sandwich from a sandwich shop.
  • ndoshirx
    ndoshirx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat the same lunch daily.

1 bean burger
    1 40gram protein shake
    1 fruit
    1 liter of water

Keeping it the same keeps my nutrition easy to manage.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I always take meals/ snacks for the day with me.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Right now it is usually...

Skyr with fruit
    or
    Pasta Zero with spicy ginger garlic sauce and steamed Kirkland brand stir fry veggies
    or
    cabbage based salad with bell pepper, onion, grilled veggies and sometimes grilled meat with Bolthouse Farm's avocado and cilantro dressing.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    lalee115 wrote: »
    there's only so many times a year I could choke down subway

I am SO glad this isn't just me. I don't know what happened to this place. I feel pretty sure I used to enjoy Subway; but it seems like every time I've been there in the past year, it tastes like eating cardboard with mustard on it. NOTHING has any flavor. Even the tomatoes just taste like water.

For me it's mostly the smell. The smell of the "bread" baking is more than I can bear!

I thought I was the only one who hates the smell of Subway bread. I like bread, but something about the Subway stuff (and I think it's partially also the smell of warm lettuce from sandwiches being toasted and the reheated chicken smell...) just makes me nauseated.

I'm not really a food snob and I eat fast food occasionally, but Subway just grosses me out in a ton of ways and I'd rather eat one of those sad plastic-y single cheeseburgers off the dollar menu at McDonalds.

As far as my work lunches go, I rarely bring food. I mostly order whatever is kale-and-spinach-y from Jugo Juice, one particular salad from a local chain in my office tower, or just have coffee and eat a big dinner when I get home. I usually go to the gym at lunch so I don't really spend a lot of time or effort on food and just try to grab something quick, under 500 calories, with a vegetable or two in it.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    maaaasha wrote: »
    Do you make it at home or buy take out?

Always bring my lunch from home. Been doing that for over 10 years now. Grilled chicken in a salad, or grilled chicken with bbq sauce, or a "lean pocket", or turkey/cheese/lettuce in a pita pocket...stuff like that. Always 300 calories or less.