everyone from NEPA must be in great shape...

Options
JoeyC07
JoeyC07 Posts: 42
is it that or just no one wanting to admit they are from NEPA....! Where you all at?

Replies

• gpshiffer
    gpshiffer Posts: 2
    Options
    Was thinkign the same thing. Where ya at 570
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    *waves*

Hayna, or no?
  • JoeyC07
    Options
    *waves*

Hayna, or no?

haha..you from up the line? bump
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    You'll notice I don't ADMIT I'm from Wilkes Barre in my profile. No one outside the area knows where that is. It's easier to just say Poconos.
  • JoeyC07
    Options
    very true..that is why Figured I'd put NEPA..cause those who really know..know.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm in Syracuse - drive through Wilkes Barre all the time!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i'm up the line in Jermyn!:laugh:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Whats Nepa? I've only heard of Napa lol. :indifferent:
  • JoeyC07
    Options

not even close..j/k. it is what people from north east pennsylvania have nicknamed where they live...clever huh?
  • JoeyC07
    Options

not even close..j/k. it is what people from north east pennsylvania have nicknamed where they live...clever huh?

pronounced ....knee pa
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I'm about 2 hours from the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area... does that count?? (more in the central part of the state)
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I used to live in East Stroudsburg. Now I'm down closer to Philadelphia.
  • JoeyC07
    Options
    I'm about 2 hours from the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area... does that count?? (more in the central part of the state)

sure what the hell..if u want to bein.. ur in...:smile:
  • JoeyC07
    Options
    I used to live in East Stroudsburg. Now I'm down closer to Philadelphia.

u too
  • JoeyC07
    Options
    so what is everyones goals?
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Raised in Stroudsburg. Ran away from the snow and now in SC.
  • becka95
    becka95 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    From East Stroudsburg now in Tobyhanna. Always looking for local motivators and walking/running/biking (well my run is laughable but I try) partners. I tried to get a Saturday walking group together at the state park or in the gap but no one seemed interested. :(
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    http://neparunner.com/

Everyone know about that site? It has all the local races listed.

My next goal will be the Strider's 10K, but I definitely want to do the Plymouth Kielbasa Fest "Run for the Rings" 5k just because the race tee has GOT to be hysterical. Maybe the Pittston Tomato Fest 5k, too.

Then I'll completely turn the tables and enter the Haggis Eating Contest at the Celtic Classic in Bethlehem in September. :laugh:
  • becka95
    becka95 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oooohhhhh I might try the Kielbasa one! Looks like fun! I injured my knee but I think that by then, I should be ok. Beside the Dr said I could start training lightly. I do the Lupus one every year with a friend but we usually walk it. I might try to run it this year. :)
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    From Danville PA -- Hop, skip and a jump away from Wilkes-Barre! It's funny, I usually say Wilkes-Barre when people ask me where I am from -- they have a better chance of knowing where that is than Danville!

I am training for Avon Breast Cancer Walk in NYC on October 15 and 16-- 26.2 miles on Saturday (15th) and 13.1 miles on Sunday (16th)!

Also want to lose those last 10 pounds~! Well, I'd be happy to gain more muscle and lose some fat even if it wouldn't add up to 10 pounds on the scale!