off the wagon

Options
ok, so i'm doing great with my meals when i am plannin them out and taking my lunch to work. but, i have a really hard time when i go out, and the people around me are enjoying really bad food. i went out last night and broke down. i ate 3 chicken wings. not bad...but then tonight, i drank 3 beers, ate about 1/3 a serving of cheese fries and a half a quesadilla. how can i eat and enjoy myself in the company of non-dieters? help!!! i was doing so well, and feel like i have just screwed up all of the work i have done over the last few days!

i am back on again tomorrow...and am going to try to keep myself away from the bad stuff. wish me luck:)

Replies

• mell21abe
    Options
    ok, so i'm doing great with my meals when i am plannin them out and taking my lunch to work. but, i have a really hard time when i go out, and the people around me are enjoying really bad food. i went out last night and broke down. i ate 3 chicken wings. not bad...but then tonight, i drank 3 beers, ate about 1/3 a serving of cheese fries and a half a quesadilla. how can i eat and enjoy myself in the company of non-dieters? help!!! i was doing so well, and feel like i have just screwed up all of the work i have done over the last few days!

i am back on again tomorrow...and am going to try to keep myself away from the bad stuff. wish me luck:)
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    MODERATION is key! You could have indulged in one of those and you would be fine! Just decide ahead of time...if you want to drink - eat food with lower cals (soup, salad, grilled stuff, etc), or if you want to eat something "bad" don't drink! I know it's hard to not eat/drink what everyone else is having...but you can do it! :drinker:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Oh, and one bad day won't kill ya! :wink:
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    Good Luck. Try the 3 bite rule. Allow yourself 3 bites of whatever it is that you want....(if it's not good for you) and then put it down. Savor each of the 3 bites.
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    Throw in some extra exercise this weekend to balance it out.
  • mell21abe
    Options
    thanks everyone. i had two "bad" days...still sticking to breakfast and lunch, but i think i'm back in the game. i'm going to really work on my schedule to get in more exercise, too. wish me luck!
  • dragonladey
    Options
    Dont worry I fell off the wagon today also. We went to Logans steakhouse and yes i had the steak, salad w ranch and seasoned veggies. :noway: Oh and I had a dinner roll also. Luckly I worked out alot today go it helped but Im gonna be back on tomarrow. :ohwell: But it was all soooo good! This is my first cheat day in 3 weeks so I think I am doing good but I feel like I gained all my weight back!:sad: