The difference just ten pounds can make.

Options
2»

Replies

• laurie_powers
    laurie_powers Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    WOW 10 pounds is a big difference on you! You look so much more toned. NICE! :)
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Love love LOVE the Scottish thistle tat! You are much more sculpted in the second photo. Nice work!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Thistle tattoo = EPIC

Rocking bikini bod = MORE EPIC
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Wow, you can definitely see that! Great job!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    There's a huuuuuuge difference!! I always love your comparison pics. You seem like such a cool person and you always look so happy with your figure and fitness :)
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you sure have a wider smile :) great job, I'm looking for that extra10lbs myself, it's taking a long time on this one
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    That is a huge difference!!! You look great in both BTW....but WOW!!!! Great job!
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    10 lbs loss looks fabulous on you! Don't worry about your thighs, they're fine. I have huge meaty thighs (I can see tons of muscle definition under all the fat on them) and combine this with being long in the torso and short in the leg.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Good job! I totally see change in your stomach! way to go!
  • PurpleStarKatz
    PurpleStarKatz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You almost don't look like the same person in the after pictures! I mean I can tell it's still you, but you have so much more confidence in the after pictures. And I can definitely agree personally that 10 pounds really does make a difference. I know it does on me, too.
    You look fantastic, congrats! =]
    And cute suit, by the way. Haha.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's the deal. I can secretly view the bikini pics when the wife is not looking but only when the topic title clues me in. Now I am getting accused of intentionally opening the bikini pics because on this post because I had no warning to prevent me from getting caught. But, that’s ok, until she reads what I wrote here then I may not get to look at any pics ever again.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    YOU = MY HERO.

You look great, dear!

P.S. I adore your signature ;)
  • Coleman73
    Coleman73 Posts: 42
    Options
    Wow you are looking Fabulous. Strut your stuff you deserve it and the signature is the best
  • VanessaMay1
    Options
    You look amazing! Hoping for the same results.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody. I'm surprised at what a difference it made.

The body language is certainly a lot more relaxed, comfortable and confident. I didn't even notice that. :blushing:

And the Crest Whitestrips seem to be doing a good job on the chompers. :happy: I multitask and wear one when I got for a run!
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That is an incredible difference for just 10 lbs. You look so toned! Congrats <3
  • JamiroJunior
    JamiroJunior Posts: 139
    Options
    Yeah, I lost ten too, IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE.

I can wear hot leather pants now! :) I have 6 more to go, but I'm so close! Great job!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Just for poops and giggles, I used the body fat percentage calculator at http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

I know the circumference method isn't 100% accurate, but it's still pretty eye-popping!

March 31, 2011
    Height: 5'5
    Weight: 142
    Waist: 28
    Hips: 38
    Neck: 13.5

Body Mass Index: 23.7 kg/m2
    Waist-to-Height ratio: 0.43
    Percent Body Fat: 25.0%
    Lean Body Mass: 106.5 lb

July 6, 2011
    Weight: 132
    Waist: 26
    Hips: 36
    Neck: 13

Body Mass Index: 22.0 kg/m2
    Waist-to-Height ratio: 0.40
    Percent Body Fat: 20.3%
    Lean Body Mass: 105.2 lb

So that means almost 9 of those 10 pounds were from fat! My lean body mass only dropped a 1.3 pounds.

Makes me wish I took my measurements from the very start. Heck, I didn't even get on the SCALE for the first few weeks. Best I can estimate would put me at...

December 11, 2010[/u]
    Weight: 160+
    Waist: 30+
    Hips: 41+
    Neck: 14+

Body Mass Index: 26.7 kg/m2
    Waist-to-Height ratio: 0.46
    Percent Body Fat: 30.8%
    Lean Body Mass: 110.8 lb

All told, 23 of the 28 pounds lost have been from fat. Yowsah!

About 5 years ago, I lost weight the wrong way (severely limiting my calories, only doing cardio beyond the demands of my job, didn't have any clue about eating exercise calories because it was before MPF) and got to about the weight I am now, but I'd lost a lot of lean body mass and kept a lot of fat. I still had back fat rolls. My thighs were bigger. My waist was bigger. The progress was painfully slow, and I was tired all the time. I gave up because I thought the only way to lose more weight was to eat less, and knew I couldn't possibly eat less without screwing up my health. I reluctantly accepted that I was in my 30s and my body wasn't going to be what it was in my 20s any more. In fact, when I started on here, I didn't care about losing weight. I just wanted to be fit enough to run a 5k.

Boy, was I stupid. :laugh:

Now I'm pushin' 40 and look better than I did in my 20s! I eat plenty. Probably more than I did before I started losing weight. But I eat better. Make sure I get plenty of protein and snacking on a cup of blueberries instead of a bag of Butterfingers. Still eat pizza every week, and lots of it. I'll be running my first 10k in about two weeks, and can't wait to kick it's *kitten*!

Yay for MFP!!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Nice . . . I was going to say legs, but really everything! You look awesome!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    It's been 364 days since my "before" bathing suit picture was taken. I didn't realize at the time it was my "before" picture. I was ok with how I looked. But then I gained another 8# or so through the fall....

I'm more than ok with how I look now. :smile:

7-11.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!