100+ pounds to lose!

Options
PreachersWife276
PreachersWife276 Posts: 17 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone!
I'm new here... Just downloaded about 5 days ago.
In the last 3 years, I have gained almost 70 pounds! I am mortified and embarrassed by the way I look and I am ready to make changes!
I currently weight 283 pounds. My goal weight is 180, and I'd like to try to do it within a year.
I am looking for like-minded people who share similar goals so that we may help one another through accountability and encouragement!
Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I was right where you are on February 2016. Right now I'm at 75 pounds weight loss and I have never felt as better as I have right now. Personally I still have about 45 pounds to go but trust me it'll be the best experience of your life.

It's definitely worth the struggles and tears.
  • PreachersWife276
    Options
    Congratulations, I am so happy for you!
    What a wonderful success story.
    Do you have any advice on diet/exercise that really worked for you?
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Sent you and invite Pwife.

I have around 80lbs to go and I've been logging my calories 44 days now and lost 17lbs so far.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I am so happy for you!
    What a wonderful success story.
    Do you have any advice on diet/exercise that really worked for you?

I bought a digital food scale, I eat 1200 calories a day and the most important thing: I have friends who keep me accountable.

For exercises, I normally do cardio 5 times a week on a treadmill. However, I recently broke my ankle so that's on hold for a little bit.

Also, I don't let my scale ruin my life lol. If I don't lose weight for a few days that's ok. That's important. Never let the scale deter you. It can be a powerful motivator tool and it can be a powerful tool the other way too.
  • ktjo1985
    ktjo1985 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You're almost my twin! I started at 260 a couple of months ago and want to get to about 180 as well. So far, I'm down 25lbs. Let's do this!

Invite sent
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm also on 1200 calories however I have one low day at 1000 and one high day at 1500 (controlled cheat day google zig zag or calorie cycling).

I don't weigh anything except I weighed cheese until I could eyeball 1oz.

I drink plenty of water, eat full fat not low fat.

45 days ago I couldn't walk down my driveway without being out of breath. Now I can walk 2-3 miles 4x a week and I've entered my first 5k race (walk) on the 20th.

I'm working on protein sources since I don't eat meat (except tuna).

I'm also working on this being a life style and not a diet. When I get to goal weight sometime next summer I will be eating just a little more than my "cheat" day to maintain goal weight so this is how I need to eat for the rest of my life.

You've got this!!!
  • PreachersWife276
    Options
    Awesome, y'all!
    I am already inspired by your successes and hopefully I can catch up with your weight losses very soon!! ;)
    P.S. thanks for the wonderful advice!!
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs and have about 45 more to go. It's a long road ahead of you, but instead of looking at the whole picture, set smaller goals into 10 lbs. Also know that there will be times when the scale won't move, but you're losing inches. A loss is a loss no matter where it's coming from. Take your measurements as least once a month and weigh yourself once a week. Get a digital scale, weigh and log your food and drink plenty of water. For every 10 lbs you lose, adjust your calorie intake to ensure a smoother transistion. Good luck and know that everyone on here is supporting you.