Anyone have a good recipe for chicken tortilla, corn, and bl

Options
westbrja
westbrja Posts: 111 Member
I had this today at work and it was pretty good but I'm sure someone has a cleaner version. I'm not sure the nutritional value but it was a bit salty so I'm sure the sodium level was up there. Thanks!

Replies

• mikesnwgirl
    mikesnwgirl Posts: 112
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com they have some great stuff on there!! Maybe you will find what you're looking for.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    As far as the tortilla goes, I like Ole Xtreme Wellness tortillas. They come in different flavors, run about 71 calories and 12 grams of fiber.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Chicken stock (make your own, or buy the lower sodium variety)
    Pico de Gallo (tomatoes, onions, jalapeno and cilantro)
    Chicken Breast (I just boil it in the stock, take it out and shred it, then put it back in)
    I also add a tiny bit of cumin, chili powder and mexican oregano. (and s/p to taste)

That's the basics, from there, you can add other veg or beans if you'd like. Corn, zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers, black beans are all good.

For tortilla strips, brush the tortillas with a bit of oil, and bake in the oven until they're crispy.

Top with avocado, sour cream and more cilantro... (be careful - if it's too hot, the sour cream will curdle... it's still fine to eat, it'll just look off)

It's also really good with some lime juice squeezed on it.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com they have some great stuff on there!! Maybe you will find what you're looking for.

Great site! Thanks!
  • westbrja
    westbrja Posts: 111 Member
    Options

Tons of yummy skinny recipes! Thank you!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I assume you're talking soup? Easy to make your own. I make my own chicken stock with the bones from whole chickens and leftovers from cut up vegetables that I freeze until I'm ready. You can also just buy low sodium chicken stock. Then I add shredded chicken and Pace salsa to taste. You can then add any veggies you like (tomatoes, corn, black beans, carrots, etc) and heat through. At the table, add some tortilla strips (you can bake your own instead of buying fried ones) and a squeeze of lime and even some cilantro if you like it. Yummy, low calorie and good for you!